Loan Review Officer at Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Ltd.
- 10, Apapa Road,, Oyingbo, Lagos, Nigeria
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014.
At MUTUAL, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent services to all our stakeholders.
One of our subsidiaries in the financial services industry is recruiting highly experienced professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loan Review Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The specific and general functions of the Review Officer are as stated below:
Review of all company loan and asset Management:
- Monthly reconciliation of loan before deductions.
- Ensuring full rendition of disbursement, settlement and deduction reports.
- Collating and submitting of deduction schedule.
- Refund of customers.
- Identified accounts that are above sanctioned limits, pending payments and non-performing loans.
- Generates a detailed list of non-performing loans according to severity of delinquency.
- Ensure a second level review of loan before disbursement, settlement and deduction reports.
- Accounting for accurate and proper document vetting, loan document scanning and transaction data capturing by the loan operators.
- Ensure that all loans and asset products of the company are reviewed within the TAT.
Budget & performance Management:
- Track DSEs performance at the State Level.
- Controls expenses to meet the state budget.
- Provides timely feedback (daily, weekly, monthly and Quarterly reports) to the Public Sector Head.
Risk Management and Capacity Development:
- Ensure the State NPL and PDOs are within set thresholds and always below company’s average.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes are communicated within the team in the states
- Ensure that all DSEs meet and/or exceed their monthly budget.
- Maintains contact with key decision makers within the state to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and business continuity.
- Manage internal relationship within the state.
Leadership and Capacity Building:
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow up.
- Set examples for DSEs in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habit.
- Conduct regular training, coaching and counseling within the DSEs in the state.
The minimum entry requirement for this role is:
Education: A good HND/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any social science field, professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar roles.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Excel and Accounting software
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must have strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and must be highly spontaneous.
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.