Internal Control Officer at Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Ltd.
- 10 Apapa Rd, Ebute Metta, Lagos, Nigeria
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014.
At MUTUAL, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent services to all our stakeholders.
One of our subsidiaries in the financial services industry is recruiting highly experienced professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Daily cash count of all till transaction.
Daily call over of all till transaction.
Checking and Examination of marketers register on a daily basis to ensure tellers are used serially.
Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
Ensure that branch staff complies with internal code of conducts, policy and regulations on transactions initiated by the bank.
Conduct special investigation as may be directed by the risk and compliance manager.
Review of account opening and documentation on client files on a periodic basis.
Review of general ledger
Institute and enforce aggressive cost reduction strategies to ensure zero % income wastage.
Reconciliation of account when there are discrepancies between passbook and system balances.
Calculation of interest on kolo account upon maturity.
Serial arrangement of deposit booklet before it can be issued out to marketers.
Visitation and Verification of loan customers and guarantors and writing of detailed report.
Review of Bank reconciliation.
- A good Bachelor's Degree/HND in Accountancy, plus relevant professional qualification such as ICAN, CIBN, etc. will be added advantage.
- 1 - 2 years relevant experience in a reputable firm preferably in a microfinance bank and in same job role.
- Experience in internal control is essential.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details.
- Analytical thinking
- Account reconciliation skills
- A good numerical skill