- 1455 W River Rd, Tucson, AZ 85704, USA
- Employees can work remotely
This position is remote, work from home within the United States, and may occasionally travel to our Tucson, AZ office.
This is a full-time, exempt staff position.
Based in Tucson, Mural Consulting is an industry leader in cloud computing strategy, technical services, and ongoing support for Microsoft’s full suite of collaboration applications, such as Office 365. As a rapidly growing company, you can be a part of dynamic, collaborative, and challenging environment helping Small Business customers with a wide variety of technical opportunities while empowering their success.
As an Instructional Designer, your will be responsible for designing and developing technology-based and soft skills with a heavy emphasis on eLearning, some instructor-led training (ILT), virtual training, or other instructional methodology packages in accordance with sound instructional system design (ISD) principles.
With this career opportunity, you will leverage your leadership and curriculum design experiences to develop performance-based training programs that deliver incredible results.
• Determining approaches and processes for new assignments and collaborating with activities of other cross-functional team members.
• Primarily focusing on applying adult learning theory and formal instructional design principles in assessing, developing course objectives, course plans, course outlines, and course structure, in addition to some content development.
• Collaborating effectively with subject matter experts (SMEs) in order to ensure technical accuracy, validation of material/content, and verification of results.
• Collaborating with the performance development team on cross-functional projects to ensure learning design excellence.
• Utilizing end-to-end design in creating the learning experience.
• Incorporating instructional design process methodology to the curriculum including analysis of the requirements, job task analyses, the development of curriculum maps, storyboards, flowcharts, performance objectives, learning activities, supporting reference materials, and evaluation and measurement strategies.
• Detailing delivery methodology and strategy, structured curriculum lesson guides, and other instructional materials to drive consistency of delivered product.
• Applying creative learning solutions (e.g., interactive activities and gamification) using a deep understanding of specialized content.
• Occasionally performing instructional transition sessions on developed curriculum, when appropriate.
• Occasionally delivering learning sessions on personal and professional development topics.
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, curriculum technology, related field, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred.
• Significant experience in instructional systems design, criterion-referenced instruction, performance-based delivery, and developing, leading and implementing design projects.
• Significant experience working where customer satisfaction is paramount in a service delivery care environment.
• Significant experience in courseware development of a complex nature, demonstrating agility, speed, and efficiency of advanced instructional design, in a dynamic environment.
• Skilled in and current on instructional innovation and technology, including authorware, such as Articulate Rise 360, Powtoon, and TechSmith production tools.
• Skilled in eLearning course design and development for self-directed implementation.
• Skilled in the creation, implementation, and validation of assessments to measure the effectiveness of training to achieve business priorities and significantly impact results.
• Skilled in managing end-to-end, instructional design process-based methodology (analysis, design, storyboarding, development, implementation, and evaluation) to create curriculum programs.
• Demonstrated expertise in needs assessment, test design and validation, and measurement of the effectiveness of training.
• Skilled in visual design tools (e.g., Camtasia, SnagIt, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Skilled in knowledge of at least one Learning Management System and the ability to upload and manage courses.
• Skilled in verbal and written communication.
• Skilled in proofreading and editing skills.
In addition to working alongside a team of dedicated individuals and IT consulting experts, Mural offers competitive pay, paid time off, casual dress, multiple comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with 70% premium contribution from the company, 401(k) plan, company paid basic life insurance and long-term disability plan, corporate discounts on goods, services and travel, and company sponsored employee assistance program.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that has fun, continuously collaborates, constantly trying new things, and loves helping Small Business Customers!
Mural Consulting. Mastering Technology. Together.