Head of Business Intelligence/Insights
- 1455 W River Rd, Tucson, AZ 85704, USA
This position is located in Tucson, AZ and will work out of our Tucson, AZ office. This position will temporarily be remote work-from-home until COVID restrictions are lifted.
Mural Corporation (Mural) is a leading provider of cloud and SaaS IT strategy and operations services. We partner with global technology providers as well as direct small business clients to assist them in building and evaluating their overall SaaS product and technology strategy, setup, adoption, and on-going technical help desk and managed services support.
We are looking for great talent in the business analysis/intelligence arena; specifically, a new Head of Business Intelligence/Insights. This is a strategic role that will drive our learnings in two key areas: in support of our strategic technology partners and in service to our direct small business clientele. We expect the head of business intelligence and insights to be use their skill, leadership and partnership to become an indispensable member of the senior leadership team. This will be a role that will require you to both lead a small team of analysts as well as get your hands dirty and share the load of the work – keeping your skills sharp and learning a few new tricks along the way.
What you will do:
• Focus on the analytical process all the way from deeply understanding the problem to further requirement definition to data gathering to delivering insights that drive decisions
• Create deep partnerships with wider organization and external partners driving bi-directional communication for impact
• Create, refine, and enforce analytical processes that result in on time and in full analyses and insights - including requirement gathering, analysis type selection, and report design, development, and maintenance
• Maintain and communicate an active analytical inventory, potential analysis backlog, and status of all in-process work
• Be a project manager (and often a key contributor) on the most high-profile analytical projects in the pipeline
• Understand, teach, and reinforce skills and behaviors for team members that will drive high quality analytical work and partnership
• Work with senior leadership to further develop team’s vision and supporting strategy as organization evolves; moving from reactive reporting to proactive analyses
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field: statistics, applied mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, or a related field
• 3-5 years of increasing responsibility in business intelligence, data science or related analytics field; 2 year of leadership experience
• Proficiency in Excel analysis and SQL data querying
• Familiarity with Power BI, Visual Studio, Access, SAS, or similar programs/platforms
• Familiarity with data design, management, and governance including ETL processes
• Ability to communicate complex ideas simply and concisely to diverse audiences
• Passion for data and using it to drive business decisions
• Curiosity to dive into unexplored areas to define potentially impactful analyses
In addition to working alongside a team of dedicated individuals and IT consulting experts, Mural offers competitive pay, paid time off, casual dress, multiple comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with 70% premium contribution from the company, 401(k) plan, company paid basic life insurance and long-term disability plan, corporate discounts on goods, services and travel, and company sponsored employee assistance program.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that has fun, continuously collaborates, constantly trying new things, and loves helping Small Business Customers!
Mural Consulting. Mastering Technology. Together.