Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Unit 191, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
- Employing IAC: Mundipharma International Ltd.
- Mundipharma Job Function: General Management
- Department: General Management
Mundipharma is a global (ex-US) network of independent associated companies that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. We are an agile and fast-paced company seeking to increase access to health care through programmes and effective partnerships.
We are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing innovative treatments to many of the world’s most challenging conditions and diseases including: Pain Management & Supportive Care, Consumer Health, Anti-Infectives, Biosimilars, CNS, Diabetes, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Respiratory and transplantation immunity.
We make a difference to patient lives by delivering value to healthcare professionals in 120+ countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our guiding principles, centred around Integrity and Patient-Centricity, are at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our people to think differently and our inclusive culture of continuous learning and collaboration make Mundipharma a great place to work.
For more information visit www.mundipharma.com
To provide a confidential, proactive and highly professional personal, secretarial and administrative service to the CEO of Mundipharma International. Act as an ambassador for the organisation ensuring that our external and internal stakeholders have a positive and professional experience. Be open to supporting other Directors of the organisation where required.
- Ability to anticipate and proactively manage the diary of the CEO. Plan and prepare calendars (scheduling up to one year ahead). Reschedule and rework calendar as required in order to prioritise and manage their time effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of the organisation and key stakeholders both internal and external. If new to the organisation, then getting up to speed with this will be a priority.
- Manage and direct complex travel arrangements (both international and domestic); create and distribute highly detailed itineraries. Ensure all tickets, transfers, visa requirements and accommodation are in order.
- Arrange and organise internal and external meetings.
- Provide onsite EA support to the CEO during European Leadership team (ELT), whether they be in the UK or internationally.
- Receive telephone calls and enquiries, process and prioritise as appropriate.
- Act as the representative and ambassador to internal and external parties, ensure that they have a meaningful and positive experience of Mundipharma.
- Reconcile expenses including credit cards and personal expenses.
- Prepare and collate all documents and supporting papers in advance of any meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents and presentations.
- Stay one step ahead of the CEO. Anticipate his needs and proactively bring together resources to support him.
- Establish and maintain office systems, (purchasing, invoice coding, completed deals; projects presented to ELT/Board, reference books/systems, contact lists, as appropriate for the smooth running of the relevant departments.
- Attend meetings and site inspections, and liaise with internal support functions such as Procurement and Events, which may require travel.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required.
- Previous proven experience of working as a EA to a senior business leader essential.
- University degree in relevant field (or equivalent by experience) preferred.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international travel will be expected on a regular basis.
- Act with discretion and confidentiality.
- Outstanding communication skills in Business English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to speak a second language advantageous.
- Flexible attitude to work and the ability to adapt to suit the hours of the CEO who travels extensively.
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical company preferred but not essential.
- A deep understanding and awareness of the requirements of a senior leader. Be able to anticipate their needs and make decisions under pressure and without guidance.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise day to day workload and deadlines.
- High aptitude of organisational skills and time management.
- Adaptable to changing needs and priorities.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to work under own initiative, proactive and highly driven.
- Strong computer skills and advanced level proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Strong relationship management and communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be accountable for your work. Take necessary decisions and be responsible for the work and service you provide.