Manufacturing Technician (Double Day Shift)
- Cambridge, UK
- Employing IAC: Bard Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Mundipharma Job Function: Production & Supply Chain
- Department: Manufacturing
Mundipharma is a global (ex-US) network of independent associated companies that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. We are an agile and fast-paced company seeking to increase access to health care through programmes and effective partnerships.
We are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing innovative treatments to many of the world’s most challenging conditions and diseases including: Pain Management & Supportive Care, Consumer Health, Anti-Infectives, Biosimilars, CNS, Diabetes, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Respiratory and transplantation immunity.
We make a difference to patient lives by delivering value to healthcare professionals in 120+ countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our guiding principles, centred around Integrity and Patient-Centricity, are at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our people to think differently and our inclusive culture of continuous learning and collaboration make Mundipharma a great place to work.
For more information visit www.mundipharma.com
This role will work on an alternating weekly shift pattern consisting of 0600 – 1400 (early) and 1400 – 2200 (late) Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Broad Purpose of Job
To work competently within the manufacturing operation, working within a cross functional team manufacturing pharmaceutical products. Ensuring that production KPIs are delivered whilst meeting the highest standards of cGMP and Health & Safety, and an advanced level of Technical Knowledge.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- To support other team members within Manufacturing, transferring process and product knowledge, delivering on individual and team departmental objectives.
- Support the training of others in conjunction with the area Lead Technician dna Shift Manager.
- To assist in team development and engagement leading by example applying core company values and behaviours.
- Support the Lead Technicians on root cause analysis / problem solving as required.
- Closely working alongside Engineering team and Quality team as required to overcome and resolve atypical events.
- Understand, drive progression and support KPIs, including but not limited to, Changeover times, run speeds and downtime.
- Skilled & competent on a range of manufacturing equipment / processes.
- Supporting & driving C.I initiatives and projects through to completion.
- To be recognised as highly skilled Technician, with an advanced knowledge on at least one manufacturing process, Dispensary, Coating, Granulation, Encapsulation or Compression.
- Responsibility for working environment, driving and supporting work place management processes and supporting solutions to Advanced Technical faults.
- To be actively involved in Autonomous Maintenance program.
- Potential to develop into a Lead Technician.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Advanced knowledge of the pre-requisite quality requirements and documentation.
- Ability to raise DRCs for Batch Record & procedure updates.
- To understand and comply to the security responsibilities of the operation.
- To ensure work areas and machinery is maintained in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
To carry out any other reasonable task as requested to ensure that the production operation is maintained.
To carry out any other reasonable task as requested to help achieve improvements in performance, quality and safety.
- Action Orientated: Hard working; is task focused with the ability to overcome things seen as challenging; ‘Out of the box’ thinker; seizes opportunities to be successful.
- Quality focused: Good understanding of the In-process testing requirements and pre-requisite quality requirements to maintain regulatory and business compliance, builds relationships with QA and QC functions.
- Time Management: Ability to use time effectively and efficiently; values time; ability to prioritise own and if required others time effectively and support team members with tasks as required. Supports the ability to run through breaks. Supports timekeeping regarding start and finish times of shifts and breaks.
- Results driven: Focused on targets and achieving results; high performing against objectives; bottom-line oriented; Leads by example; Effective communicator and prepared to challenge the status quo
- General: Positive attitude to work and an understanding of the need to change and improve.
- Advanced: Motivate others and drive performance through sharing knowledge, supporting training and support the Lead Technicians in their roles.
Good manual dexterity and technical ability. Engineering background positive but not essential