Service Technician (Double Day Shift)
- Cambridge, UK
- Employing IAC: Bard Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Mundipharma Job Function: Production & Supply Chain
- Department: Manufacturing
Mundipharma is a global (ex-US) network of independent associated companies that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. We are an agile and fast-paced company seeking to increase access to health care through programmes and effective partnerships.
We are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing innovative treatments to many of the world’s most challenging conditions and diseases including: Pain Management & Supportive Care, Consumer Health, Anti-Infectives, Biosimilars, CNS, Diabetes, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Respiratory and transplantation immunity.
We make a difference to patient lives by delivering value to healthcare professionals in 120+ countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our guiding principles, centred around Integrity and Patient-Centricity, are at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our people to think differently and our inclusive culture of continuous learning and collaboration make Mundipharma a great place to work.
For more information visit www.mundipharma.com
This role will work on an alternating weekly shift pattern consisting of 0600 – 1400 (early) and 1400 – 2200 (late) Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Responsible for day to day activities in Service department in line with the Manufacturing / Filling & packing requirements to meet the demand. To ensure equipment used within the Production operation is cleaned to the required standards and maintained ready for use. Working within a cross functional team producing pharmaceutical products. Ensuring that production KPIs are delivered whilst meeting the highest standards of cGMP and Health & Safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To support other team members within the Production departments as required delivering on individual and team objectives.
- Potential for future personal development into roles within Manufacturing or leadership.
- Strong engagement applying core company values.
- Support the Manufacturing team and Fill & pack teams on servicing the lines with required equipment and parts.
- Closely working alongside coordinators to ensure that the service levels and resources are managed effectively.
- Skilled and competent on a range of service area equipment / processes.
- Responsibility for the cleaning and storage of filter bags with the appointed Specialist Cleaning Company or in-house service. Ensure bags are checked for damage and repaired as required.
- Supporting C.I initiatives and projects.
- To take responsibility for working environment, supporting team on work place management and Technical faults.
- To be involved and developed in storage improvement projects and tooling maintenance.
- Appropriately highlights/raises issues and concerns which could affect quality or production output.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- To be aware of the quality checks and documentation necessary to maintain good quality product and to carry out and record these checks.
- To accept the security responsibilities of the operation within the service team.
- Ensure the Wash Bays, Turret room and CPS storage areas are maintained to the required standards of tidiness and cleanliness using work place management and 5S principles ensuring audit readiness.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as requested to help ensure that the production operations maintain supporting demand.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as requested to help achieve improvements in performance, quality and safety.
Who we're looking for
Action Orientated: Hard working; is task focused with the ability to overcome things seen as challenging; seizes opportunities to be successful.
Quality focused: Good understanding of the cleaning and maintenance requirements for change parts and tooling to maintain regulatory and business compliance, builds relationships with Manufacturing and Fill & packing teams.
Time Management: Ability to use time effectively and efficiently; values time; ability to prioritise effectively and support team members with tasks as required.
Awareness of importance for ensuring required parts are available and ready for production use.
Supports timekeeping regarding start and finish times of shifts and breaks.
Results driven: Focused on targets and achieving results; delivers against objectives; Effective communicator
General: Positive attitude to work and an understanding of the need to change and improve.