Before and After-School Instructor - (Bilingual - English/Spanish)
- 7510 De Soto Ave, Canoga Park, CA 91303, USA
The Multicultural Learning Center (MLC) is a K-8 dual immersion (Spanish/English) public charter school that brings together a diverse community of learners where cultural and individual differences are the building blocks of academic, social, and intrapersonal success.
MLC is looking for instructional and school support staff with a passion for bilingual education and social justice. We are a school focused on the development of biliterate and globally and social-emotionally competent scholars. Candidates will demonstrate experience working with students in a variety of capacities to support learning and a safe school environment.
MLC is located in Canoga Park in the heart of the San Fernando Valley.
We are looking for bilingual tutors to supervise students K-8 in MLC’s Before and After-School program. Candidates will provide homework help, engage students in enrichment and outdoor activities, and ensure safety and well-being of students in the after-school program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate activities with groups of twenty students in grades K-8
- Assist students with homework, academic enrichment, recreation, and the arts
- Supervise all participants to ensure a safe learning environment and organized program according to MLC policies and procedures
- Supervise and engage students in structured playground activities
- Maintain accurate daily attendance records
- Monitor, assist and ensure safety of children during play, mealtimes and/or after-school
- Enforce and model MLC behavior standards (caring, safety, responsibility, respect and tolerance) while supervising student activity
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have an equivalent of an AA degree (or be junior or higher standing in a four-year university).
- Experience tutoring or supervising children
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to working a full school year
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Sick and personal days.
- Health insurance.
- State Retirement Plan.
- Professional development.
- Opportunities for growth in the organization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.