- 925 E 2000 N St, Orem, UT 84057, USA
Mountainland Head Start, Inc. is an amazing company to work for with a positive environment focused on helping children and families succeed. We are a non-profit government funded organization that offers low-income children and families beneficial health, education, nutrition, and other helpful programs to improve their lives.
Come be part of something better that helps change the lives of others in your community!
Date Posted: 7/3/19
End Date: When Filled
Status: Full-time (Non-exempt, benefited)
Position is full-time for 175 days; a typical work week is Monday – Friday with an expectation of no more than 6-7 hours per day M-F with no more than 33-36 hours per week (with the exception of single classroom centers which will be no more than 29.5 hours) and depending on the size of the center. For weeks with less than five working days, daily hours only apply. Requires use of own vehicle to conduct business.
Provides meal services for Mountainland Head Start children, classroom staff, and volunteers following the requirements specified in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Head Start Performance standards, MHS policies and Procedures and local Health Department regulations and ensures services support the agency’s school readiness plan. Promotes the health, nutrition, and education needs of the children and attends to their safety and welfare. Ensures the compliance of all CACFP and Health Department regulatory standards in the preparation, storage, and clean up of meals provided to/by Mountainland Head Start, Inc.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED or be willing to enroll in a GED preparation program leading to a GED.
- Knowledge of Basic Food Groups.
- Experience cooking in a food service establishment, cooking for groups, and/or prior experience working with preschool children is preferred.
- Prior experience with the CACFP is desirable.
- Must obtain Food Handler Certificate upon hire if not currently certified.
- Must obtain ServSafe Certification within one month of employment if not currently certified.
- Must have transportation to be able to perform required shopping duties.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to write and speak the English language in a proficient and professional manner to meet requirements of the job.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, subordinates, parents, community groups, and other related agencies and people.
Please apply on our website at www.mountainlandheadstart.org/jobs
If you would like a full job description, please contact the recruiter.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment actions based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, genetic identity, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT OUR DISCRETION WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANYTIME