- 658 W Marie Way, Saratoga Springs, UT, United States
Mountainland Head Start, Inc. is an amazing company to work for with a positive environment focused on helping children and families succeed. We are a non-profit government funded organization that offers low-income children and families beneficial health, education, nutrition, and other helpful programs to improve their lives.
Come be part of something better that helps change the lives of others in your community!
Date Posted: 7/11/2019
End Date: When Filled
Salary: $13.00-15.25 (Depending on Education)
Be a superhero to families and children in need!
Position is 177 days; a typical work week is Monday - Friday with an expectation of no more than 40 hours per week (part-time is a minimum expectation of no more than 25 hours per week). For weeks with less than five working days, daily hours only apply.
The position either travels to Wasatch, Juab and Utah counties or which specific centers the positions are open.
Assists the teacher to provide instruction, supervision, and provision of appropriate learning activities for all enrolled children at a specified site. Under the direction of the teacher, delivers comprehensive educational services to Head Start children, including those with Individualized Education Plan’s (IEP), behavioral support or health plans and English language learners, helping them develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally in a developmentally appropriate manner toward the overall goal of social competence and school readiness, as outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards, the 2007 Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act and Mountainland Head Start, Inc.’s policies and procedures and ensures services support the agency’s school readiness plan.
• Must have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within two (2) years. Mountainland Head Start, Inc. may assist with the cost of obtaining a CDA as long as funds are available.
• Experience working with preschool children or preschool lab work leading to a degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) from a recognized institution is preferred.
• An Associate or Baccalaureate degree (in any area) from a recognized institution or be enrolled in a program leading to a degree; or
• An Associate or Baccalaureate degree in ECE, Elementary Education, Child Development, or other closely related field from a recognized institution is preferred.
• Official or unofficial transcript which shows the award or confer date of the degree must be attached to the employment application.
• Bilingual Spanish-speaking is desirable.
• Maintains current inter-rater reliability in Teaching Strategies Gold (TSG)
• Substantial knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate teaching practices
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to handle/re-direct child challenging behaviors.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to write and speak the English language in a proficient and professional manner to meet requirements of the job.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, parents, community groups, and other related agencies and people.
Please apply on our website at www.mountainlandheadstart.org/jobs
If you would like a full job description, please contact the recruiter.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment actions based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, genetic identity, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT OUR DISCRETION WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANYTIME