Preschool House Substitute
- 264 300 N, Provo, UT 84601, USA
Mountainland Head Start, Inc. is an amazing company to work for with a positive environment focused on helping children and families succeed. We are a non-profit government funded organization that offers low-income children and families beneficial health, education, nutrition, and other helpful programs to improve their lives.
Come be part of something better that helps change the lives of others in your community!
VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN UTAH, WASATCH, AND JUAB COUNTIES
Date Posted: 5/28/19
End Date: When Filled
Be a superhero to families and children in need!
Position is part-time with working hours per week dependent upon agency and center needs or a maximum of 28 hours per week. For weeks with less than five working days, daily hours only apply. Requires use of own vehicle to conduct business. Position is a part-year on-call assignment, August-May.
This is an entry-level part-time, on-call position which provides classroom or food service coverage when classroom aides/bus aides and/or food service personnel are absent and a community volunteer is not available. When necessary, may require a long term assignment to cover for another employee on leave of absence or an open position until filled. Candidate must be flexible to work different daytime and week day shifts or at different locations within the same community from one day to the next. Provides services for children following the requirements specified in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Head Start Performance standards, Mountainland Head Start, Inc. (MHS) policies and Procedures and local Health Department regulations and ensures services support the agency’s school readiness plan. Provide instruction, supervision, and provision of appropriate learning activities for all enrolled children at a specified site. Promotes the health, nutrition, and education needs of the children and attends to their safety and welfare. Ensures the safety of children while in transport to and from the Head Start center, and provides fun, educational experiences for the children while on the bus.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED or be willing to enroll in a GED preparation program leading to a GED.
• Must obtain Food Handler Certificate upon hire if not currently certified.
• Experience cooking in a food service establishment and prior experience working with preschool children is preferred.
• Prior experience with the CACFP is desirable.
• Must have transportation to be able to perform required shopping duties.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to write and speak the English language in a proficient and professional manner to meet requirements of the job or be willing to enroll on an ESL class leading to English proficiency.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, subordinates, parents, community groups, and other related agencies and people.
Please apply on our website at www.mountainlandheadstart.org/jobs
If you would like a full job description, please contact the recruiter.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment actions based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, genetic identity, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT OUR DISCRETION WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANYTIME