Double Session Preschool Teacher
- 105 S 400 E, Springville, UT 84663, USA
Mountainland Head Start, Inc. is an amazing company to work for with a positive environment focused on helping children and families succeed. We are a non-profit government funded organization that offers low-income children and families beneficial health, education, nutrition, and other helpful programs to improve their lives.
Come be part of something better that helps change the lives of others in your community!
Date Posted: 7/17/19
End Date: When Filled
Status: Full-time (Exempt, Benefited)
Salary: $16.50-17.50/hr (Depending on education)
Be a superhero to children and families in need!
PLEASE ATTACH TRANSCRIPTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW
Position is 178-180 days; a typical work week is Monday - Friday with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week (part-time is a minimum expectation of no more than 28 hours per week). Some evening work is required to attend scheduled parent meetings and parent teacher conferences. Requires use of own vehicle to conduct business.
Responsible for instruction, supervision, and provision of appropriate learning activities of all enrolled children in assigned classroom(s). Delivers comprehensive educational services to all Head Start children, including those with Individualized Education Plans (IEP), behavioral support or health plans and English language learners, helping children develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally in a developmentally appropriate manner, toward the overall goal of social competence and school readiness, as outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards, the 2007 Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act and Mountainland Head Start, Inc.’s policies and procedures. Ensures services support the agency’s school readiness plan. Functionally supervises Assistant Teacher and Classroom Aide. Also supervises the Bus Monitor if classroom provides transportation.
1. Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) from a recognized institution
2. Associate’s degree from a recognized institution in a field related to early childhood education as agreed upon by the agency and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education (6 classes relating to Early Childhood Education), with experience teaching preschool-age children or preschool labwork leading to an ECE degree from a recognized institution.
3. Official or unofficial transcript which shows the award or confer date of the degree must be attached to the employment application.
1. Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) from a recognized institution
2. Bachelor’s or advanced degree from a recognized institution in a related field or any field, as agreed upon by the agency and coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education (6 classes relating to ECE).
- Official or unofficial transcript which shows the award or confer date of the degree must be attached to the employment application.
- Experience working with preschool children in an Early Childhood Education setting or preschool labwork leading to an ECE degree from a recognized institution.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking is desirable and may be required depending on location.
- Maintains current inter-rater reliability in Teaching Strategies Gold (TSG) and CLASS certification
- Thorough knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate teaching practices
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle/re-direct child challenging behaviors
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
- Must be able to travel to and from home visits (2x/year) in private vehicle; must provide a copy of state-required proof of insurance every six months
- Ability to write and speak the English language in a proficient and professional manner to meet requirements of the job
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, parents, co-workers, community groups, and other related agencies and people
Please apply on our website at www.mountainlandheadstart.org/jobs
If you would like a full job description, please contact the recruiter.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment actions based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, genetic identity, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
MOUNTAINLAND HEAD START, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT OUR DISCRETION WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANYTIME