Regional Truck Driver
- Hanceville, AL 35077, USA
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
Drivers are part of the regional plant team in ensuring that buildings materials are delivered according to Morton Building’s safety and quality standards. Drivers are responsible for moving loaded buildings from our regional manufacturing facility to customer sites and unloading and staging the materials in an efficient, profitable manner within a culture of safety, including adherence to rigid DOT compliance.
• Plans for daily and weekly deliveries in compliance with DOT HOS rules.
• Performs pre-trip inspection of equipment and cargo.
• Cooperates with the Shipping Supervisor and Traffic Manager where changes to loads and/or scheduling are required.
• Assists Maintenance in maintaining equipment by reporting any issues early.
• Serves to consistently meet the needs of the construction centers and crews.
• Works as a team with other plants in moving materials between plants and/or helping deliver buildings for another plant as needed.
• Helps mentor new drivers.
• Maintains constant awareness of safety, efficiency, & profitability of the department, displays flexibility and out of the box thinking capability to solve problems.
• Communicates clearly and frequently with the Traffic Manager.
• Exhibits customer service focus with an emphasis on quality and timeliness.
• Adheres to processes that ensure costs are in line with projected budgets.
• Creates and maintains a teamwork environment to support plant & corporate objectives.
- Valid Class A CDL with Air Brake Endorsement
- Available to travel overnight two to three days a week.
- Standard weight lifting requirements – 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Proficiency in understanding and complying with DOT regulations.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation among driver team and others.
- Proven safe driving record and DOT compliance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive for extended periods and work at the unloading site in varying weather conditions.
- Displays dedication and enthusiasm to create a workplace environment that values safety, quality, and continual process improvement and profitability.
- Excellent medical / dental / prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a physical and drug screen.