Social Media Strategist/Digital Content - NASA HQ Washington DC
- 300 E St SW, Washington, DC 20546, USA
Take your career to new heights. Come join us at MORI Associates and help us support the most exciting projects at NASA.
Digital Content Stratgist
MORI Associates is looking for a talented, reliable, deadline-driven full time Social Media Communication Strategist, with an emphasis on social, digital and new media to join our communications team supporting NASA Headquarters, office of Communications. The successful candidate will mange social media campaigns, create compelling social media and/or posts, engaging with our NASA online audience, dissemenate breaking news, major agency developments as well as media and news releases, feature articles, social media content and web copy. We’re looking for someone who will help us expand our multimedia capabilities for the agency by providing solid journalistic and creative online content. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing pieces and developing campaigns that increase engagement. This position requires a high level of creativity, solid editorial judgement as well as the ability to use and produce social media analysis that drives strategy. Candidate must be able to use current NASA events to write material and also help manage social media live-events at various NASA centers. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented, collaborative and committed to meeting tight deadlines.
• Participating in New Media Team meetings and taking on content creation projects
• Participating in brainstorm meetings and editing multimedia products such as short minute social media videos.
• Participating in Mission Coverage strategy meetings, and help plan and manage social media coverage of mission events such as launches, landings, and spacewalks. Work could include writing Snapchat storyboards, writing Facebook Live captions, gathering #askNASA questions, and producing social media metrics after each event.
• Pitching digital feature stories, writing features stories, selecting and captioning photos for digital articles, and editing articles written by others for posts.
• Produce weekly reports
• Produce social media graphics such as shareables, profile photos, and cover photos.
5 years of experience in strategic, digital and social media communication including experience managing social media posts, social media communication plans, social media analytics, writing blog posts, social media posts, managing online social content, communicating and engaging with virtual audiences. Event planning, communication planning and execution is a plus.
Mori Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.