Assistant Community Manager
- Department: Residential Property Management
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We strategically invest in high-quality, well-located, multifamily assets across North America and our onsite teams are critical to our Communities' success.
Morguard is Now Hiring
A multi-family Assistant Community Manager for our newest acquisition! We're excited to expand our portfolio with another lovely luxury high rise and we need a skilled and experienced Assistant Manager to join our team.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
Our Leasing Office is accessible to our residents; we open at 9:00 AM and close at 6:00 PM. We're also open each Saturday from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We ask that you be accessible to those hours and to be available to work up to 2 Saturdays a month. Particularly before the 1st of the month for rent collections.
Your Community Manager will do their best to support any flexibility in the schedule you may need and to accommodate any requests made in advance for time off. On weeks where you work Saturday you'll have a business day off.
We're looking for you
To fully support onsite Property Management Operations. This job is a training ground for promotion to Community Management. We need encouraging and hands-on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and help to motivate the onsite team.
A few of your responsibilities
- Collect and post rent each month
- Assist in the handling of resident work order requests and various concerns as required
- Conduct follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents
- Maintain positive working relationships with residents, vendors, and contractors
- Assist with leasing and lease renewal efforts onsite
- Physically walk and inspect the property
The Assistant Manager is responsible for a significant portion of the on-site accounting functions, as well as leasing apartments. This position also fills the role of the person-in-charge when the primary manager is not present.
Assistant Community Managers provide high-quality resident service and fulfill resident service requests through the Engineering team and other service associates. Some weekends and early evenings will be required.
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in property management is required, specifically within a market rate, high rise or luxury apartment community. As well as a positive, “can-do” attitude, professionalism and a high level of enthusiasm.
- High School Diploma required bachelor’s or Associates degree is ideal. Alternatively, if you have 1-3 years of direct experience with Multi-family property management and the commensurate professional designation (CAM, ARM, etc.) then we would be happy to consider you.
- Strong Marketing/Leasing experience and a thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong financial reporting, organization, and accounting skills; this role is directly responsible for onsite functions such as rent collection and AP/AR reconciliations and requires thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency; this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi or Entrata, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and, more than anything, a resolve to provide prompt and friendly service
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
*Morguard is an equal opportunity employer
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.