Retail Maintenance Technician
- Department: Retail Facilities Maintenance
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We strategically invest in high-quality, well-located, multifamily assets across North America and our onsite teams are critical to our Communities' success.
Located at the intersection Bayou Garden Boulevard and West Park Avenue, Southland is the only regional mall within a 50 mile radius. Join our team and support our 601,322 square foot facility running smoothly.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager and is responsible for assisting with completing tasks that ensure the Shopping Center meets safety, appearance and operational standards established by the company. Maintenance Technicians is a senior level maintenance position with generally 6 to 10 years’ experience working on maintenance team. Maintenance Technicians respond quickly and courteously to tenants, customers and the general public with requests for maintenance service and take appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established for the shopping center. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for complying with the company’s and the shopping center’s operating and safety policies and procedures.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Assist the Property Engineer and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Consistently answer “24 Hour On-Call” emergency maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Make available spaces ready for move-in.
- Report any maintenance problems to the supervisor.
- Participate in an ongoing preventative maintenance and improvement plan.
- On a regular basis, inspect building and site elements and notify appropriate departments of conditions, deficiencies and work required.
- Work with local authorities, tenants and other related businesses to ensure the efficient operation of the site and building.
- Maintain an effective relationship with other departments and personnel, outside contractors, tenants and visitors to the shopping centre.
- Follow-up on service requests to assure the highest quality customer satisfaction, and all other duties as may be assigned.
Experience & strengths you'll bring:
- Minimum five (5) years shopping center operational experience.
- Strong commitment to company goals and values.
- Perform the tasks assigned in an orderly and timely manner.
- Possess and continually improve technical skills in all areas of property maintenance.
- Be committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team.
- Customer Service oriented.
- General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service.
- Previous maintenance experience, prefer some prior large building maintenance experience.
- High School graduate; technical school preferred but not required.
- Drug test, criminal/credit background check and reliable transportation required.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
Bring your leadership skills to Morguard!
Come be a part of a motivated, skilled team that has an excellent reputation in the industry. All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal and credit background check. Qualified candidates will be asked to provide (2) references including a previous direct report.
*Morguard is an equal opportunity employer
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.