Apartment Service Technician (HVAC/EPA Certified)
- Department: Residential Maintenance Operations
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We strategically invest in high-quality, well-located, multifamily assets across North America and our onsite teams are critical to our communities' success.
An HVAC or EPA Certified Apartment Service Technician to resolve work orders, complete preventative maintenance, and to support the day to day onsite operations under the direction of our Lead Maintenance Technician and Community Manager.
You'll work full time, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with an hour off for lunch.
HVAC or EPA Certified Maintenance Technicians are required to participate in the On-Call Rotation.
- Take turns responding to On-Call Emergencies with your other (2) Maintenance Co-workers
- Each On-Call Rotation earns a weekly On-Call Stipend - paid directly to you even if you're not called to the property
We're looking for you
To help maintain the highest standards for our apartment community. Your role will be to assist residents with open work orders by making minor repairs within apartments and alongside the Lead Service Technician on routine maintenance and capital improvement projects onsite.
We need your strong work ethic, customer service for our residents, personal motivation to consistently improve, and a good foundation in general appliance repair, painting, plumbing, and landscaping. Your work in this job will directly determine our community and our resident's well-being.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Being thorough and courteous; we need you to accurately assess the root cause of each work order that comes in and do your best to close it out and improve our residents' homes
- Walk the property each day; know your grounds and your buildings and clear away any trash or debris that you find.
- Follow guidelines and your own expertise to turn around vacant apartment units and prepare them for new residents to move into
- Respond to assigned work orders or general maintenance in a timely manner and always communicate with your Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager as things move forward or take longer to complete than anticipated
- Work with the Maintenance Supervisor on any special projects or property wide routine maintenance as necessary
Above all, you will be responsible for staying in sync with the company’s and the community’s operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community and Fair Housing.
- A minimum of 2 years of residential maintenance experience including work orders and make ready turns.
- Basic to moderate electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repairs and general maintenance skills.
- EPA Universal is required
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Drug test, credit / criminal background check and reliable transportation required.
This position makes use of onsite golf carts for purposes of property tours and inspections. The identified candidate is required to provide proof of a valid Driver's License in good standing for consideration of hire.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.