Floating Maintenance Technician
- 970 N Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
- Department: Residential Maintenance Operations
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We strategically invest in high-quality, well-located, multifamily assets across North America and our onsite teams are critical to our Communities' success.
Morguard is Now Hiring
An HVAC Certified Floating Maintenance Technician for our South Florida portfolio in Palm Beach County.
You'll work full time, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with an hour off for lunch.
This position functions in a support role for our properties in the Palm Beach County market. The properties are Santorini Apartments/Vizcaya Lakes (352 Units, Boynton Beach), Emerald Lake Apartments and Townhomes (338 Units; Lake Worth), and Woodbine Apartments (408 Units, Riviera Beach). A weekly schedule will be provided depending upon the needs of each property. Home property will be based at our regional corporate offices in Boynton Beach, FL.
You will also share On-Call responsibilities as needed for maintenance emergencies at the properties with the onsite teams.
Each On-Call Rotation earns an added $100.00 Stipend - $100.00 to you even if you're not called to the property
We're looking for you
To help maintain the highest standards for our apartment communities. Your role will be to assist our maintenance teams with open work orders by making minor repairs within apartments and assist our Lead Maintenance Technicians with routine maintenance and capital improvement projects onsite.
We need your strong work ethic, customer service for our residents, personal motivation to consistently improve, and a good foundation in general appliance repair, painting, plumbing, and landscaping. Your work in this job will directly determine our community and our resident's well-being.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Being thorough and courteous; we need you to accurately assess the root cause of each work order that comes in and do your best to close it out and improve our residents' homes
- Follow guidelines and your own expertise to turn around vacant apartment units and prepare them for new residents to move into
- Respond to assigned work orders or general maintenance in a timely manner and always communicate with the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager as things move forward or take longer to complete than anticipated
Above all, you will be responsible for staying in sync with the company’s and the community’s operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community and Fair Housing.
Experience & strengths you'll need:
- A dedication to the company goals and values and a commitment to the success of each associate as a member of the team
- Good communicator and the listener with strong customer service skills
- General knowledge or direct experience of plumbing, drywall repair, painting, carpentry, appliance repair, pressure cleaning, or minor electric troubleshooting and repair
- Previous experience on a garden-style apartment community - closing work orders and turning apartments are ideal
- High school graduate; technical school preferred but not required
This position makes use of onsite golf carts for purposes of property tours and inspections. The identified candidate is required to provide proof of a valid Driver's License in good standing for consideration of hire.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
Bring your leadership skills to Morguard!
Come be a part of a motivated, skilled team that has an excellent reputation in the industry. All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal and credit background check. Qualified candidates will be asked to provide (2) references including a previous direct report.
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
*Morguard is an equal opportunity employer
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.