Apartment Community Manager
- 1470 Sheridan Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, USA
- Department: Residential Property Management
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We strategically invest in high-quality, well-located, multifamily assets across North America and our onsite teams are critical to our Communities' success.
We’re now hiring:
An experienced multi-family Community Manager to work onsite and support a garden style community and lead our Leasing and Maintenance team.
We're looking for you
To fully lead and support our community’s Property Management Operations. We need encouraging and hands-on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and to motivate the onsite team.
A few of your responsibilities
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the community and its needs/goals as a financial asset
- Create monthly financial reports
- Work toward fulfilling the community’s leasing potential; develop and execute marketing initiatives as needed to support that goal
- Respond to and resolve resident complaints promptly to support positive resident relations
- Review and audit resident files as needed to ensure accuracy; assess and address any need for training to support your onsite team
- Physically walk and inspect the property to ensure the quality of market-ready apartments
- Preserve the asset and control costs using preventative maintenance programs
- Oversee rehab/renovation construction projects
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Property/Community Manager is required, direct experience on Class A/B, Garden Style Multifamily assets is preferred
- High School Diploma required Bachelor's or Associate's degree is ideal. Alternatively, if you have 4-6 years of direct experience with Multi-family property management and the commensurate professional designation (CAM, ARM, CPM, etc.) then we would be happy to consider you.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong Marketing/Leasing experience and a thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong financial reporting, organization, and accounting skills; this role requires thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency: this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi, Excel, and Microsoft Word. Specific proficiency with Yardi Reporting functions is ideal.
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and, more than anything, a resolve to provide prompt and friendly service.
This position makes use of onsite golf carts for purposes of property tours and inspections. The identified candidate is required to provide proof of a valid Driver's License in good standing for consideration of hire.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
Bring your leadership skills to Morguard!
Come be a part of a motivated, skilled team that has an excellent reputation in the industry. All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal and credit background check. Qualified candidates will be asked to provide (2) references including a previous direct report.
*Morguard is an equal opportunity employer
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.