Retail Facilities Engineer
- 5953 W Park Ave, Houma, LA 70364, USA
- Department: Retail Facilities Maintenance
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We strategically invest in high-quality, well-located, multifamily assets across North America and our onsite teams are critical to our Communities' success.
Located at the intersection Bayou Garden Boulevard and West Park Avenue, Southland is the only regional mall within a 50 mile radius. Join our team and support our 601,322 square foot facility running smoothly.
As our Property Engineer you will work with vendors and tenants and be primarily responsible for the operation of all building systems - that includes central plant and rooftop mounted HVAC equipment, fire safety, electrical, and lighting.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all building systems operate in an efficient manner and are in compliance with company standards of quality and all legislative requirements and applicable environmental guidelines
- Prepare and manage a comprehensive maintenance program to ensure all building and mechanical systems are maintained in optimum working condition at all times
- Assist General Manager with building, housekeeping, security functions, landscaping and other contracts to ensure that all elements of the project are maintained, secured and operated in a safe and efficient manner
- Hire, train and efficiently manage the on-site maintenance personnel
- On a regular basis, inspect building and site elements and notify appropriate departments of conditions, deficiencies and work required
- Follow up on all projects, work and insurance claims as directed by the General Manager
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operations and maintenance budget. Monitor the operational results on a monthly basis in conjunction with management staff on site
- Ensure that all elements of the facility remain in full compliance with all applicable building and fire codes
- Work with local authorities, tenants and other related businesses to ensure the efficient operation of the site and building
- Maintain an effective relationship with other departments and personnel, outside contractors, tenants and visitors to the shopping centre
- Provide information related to the operation of the building as required for internal and external reports
- Consistently answer “24 Hour On-Call” emergency maintenance requests in a timely manner
Experience & strengths you'll bring:
- Five (5) to ten (10) years engineering operational experience with a large facility or shopping center.
- Experience with large scale central plant HVAC systems
- Ability to prioritize and work within deadlines.
- Be committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team.
- High School graduate; technical school preferred but not required.
- Drug test, criminal/credit background check and reliable transportation required.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
Bring your leadership skills to Morguard!
Come be a part of a motivated, skilled team that has an excellent reputation in the industry. All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal and credit background check. Qualified candidates will be asked to provide (2) references including a previous direct report.
*Morguard is an equal opportunity employer
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.