- Charlotte, NC, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Warehouse Administration position operates a multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls, responding to customer inquiries and directing callers to appropriate personnel. This position also provides administrative assistance regarding the processing, reporting and tracking of product orders.
- Answer incoming calls and retrieve messages from voicemail directing to appropriate personnel
- Take and process phone and web product orders from Wholesale customers and Company owned stores
- Prepare pick schedules and reconcile shipments; update warehouse computer records for product movements and provide basic reporting
- Receive paperwork from drivers and reconciles customer payments to delivery paperwork
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating
- Perform other duties as assigned and required by your direct supervisor
The Wholesale Administration position is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Distribution Center Store Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three months clerical office experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and change focus quickly to meet business needs
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in an office environment with exposure to a warehouse environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.