Staff Accountant - Real Estate
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
About the Role:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying the principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare regulatory filings including unclaimed property and Income & Expense reports
- Compile reports in conjunction with lease agreements
- Ensure timely response to external requests for data from government agencies and licensing partners
- Assist with monthly and year-end close procedures
- Prepare journal entries in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare account reconciliations; research and resolve variances
- Prepare key financial reports used by accounting and external agencies
- Participate in annual budget process
- Assist with special projects, as assigned
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 1 year accounting or related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Motivated professional with strong analytical skills who performs with a high degree of accuracy and is attentive to detail
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Proficient in Excel. Intermediate working knowledge of MSOffice – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, reports, financials, etc.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and public groups
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents with regards to policies, procedures and accounting related documents
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s Manager at any time based upon Company need.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.