Wholesale Payment Administrator
- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Wholesale Payment Administrator is responsible for reviewing documents provided by the warehouses to determine payments for posting to customer accounts, creating an excel spreadsheet to be uploaded by the Accounts Receivable team, and accurately updating and maintaining the online document storage system used by the warehouses. This position is also responsible for researching customer accounts when issues of misapplications are discovered.
- Create daily excel files with information provided by the warehouses to be uploaded into the accounting department system of record and reconcile any amounts that are out of balance
- Scan documents into the online document storage system and ensure that all invoices have been correctly uploaded
- Run the missing invoice report daily and distribute it to the warehouse managers to resolve
- Review warehouse invoices to ensure that policies and procedures are regularly followed and escalate to the Wholesale Reconciliation Supervisor as needed
- Locate and submit adjustments for invoices and credits that need to be removed from customer accounts weekly
- Communicate and follow up effectively with internal departments regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, warehouses and sales to ensure customer payments are processed timely, accurately and any discrepancies are resolved, escalating any unresolved issues to the to the appropriate department supervisor as needed
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Wholesale Payment Administrator is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Wholesale Reconciliation Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and a minimum of 2 years payment processing experience (Accounts Receivable or billing experience preferred), or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of billing and accounts receivable procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Basic math skills
- Strong customer service skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer. Position requires ability to see, read, hear, and speak.
Ability to work until 6:00pm, occasional evenings and occasional weekends.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Service Managers receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.