- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Recruiter is responsible for contributing to the success of Monro’s recruitment and staffing strategies. The Recruiter will source, identify, and screen candidates to present to hiring managers.
• Guide hiring managers through the requisition process to facilitate a new hire
• Post openings using online venues, with professional organizations, job boards, and in other position-appropriate venues
• Review and track resumes through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
• Serve as a resource to hiring managers through the interview process to ensure a welcoming process for candidates
• Partner with HR Business Partners and hiring managers to proactively develop recruitment strategies. Create job postings, research, and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
• Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
• Build networks to grow pipeline of qualified active and passive candidates
• Communicate, plan, and actively support recruiting programs including job fairs and school events
• In partnership with HR Business Partners and hiring managers, conduct workforce planning to understand and plan for future field operations requirements
• Analyze existing process for continuous improvement and makes appropriate recommendations
• Stay current on Monro’s organization structure, human resources policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
• Responsible for achieving and maintaining key KPI performance results
• Performs other duties as assigned
The Recruiter is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Recruiting Team Lead.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of recruiting experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience recruiting in a high-volume, multi-unit, multi-state environment preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient with applicant tracking systems and other onboarding related software
• Strong analytical skills to determine insights from recruiting metrics and raw data
• Experience using social media and business networking tools (LinkedIn, etc.) in support of recruitment strategies
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn and become proficient with new and existing company specific software applications
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and change focus quickly to meet business needs within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with candidates and all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail
• Strong customer focus and consistently performs with a sense of urgency
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.