Warehouse Worker - Shipping (Order Selector)
- Conover, Hickory, Newton, NC, United States
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for executing the receiving, stocking and replenishment of merchandise in a thorough, accurate and efficient manner. This position also gathers merchandise for the purpose of filling orders for wholesale customers and company owned stores.
- Responsible for daily stocking and replenishment utilizing safety equipment and adhering to all established regulatory and company procedures
- Ensure all receiving is completed in a timely and efficient manner; report any discrepancies with new merchandise to Supervisor
- Pull merchandise to fulfill orders accurately and to order specification
- Inform Supervisor of any incidents or accidents in a timely
- Performs other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Warehouse Worker is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Warehouse Supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one to three months of warehouse or related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
- Basic math skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in a warehouse environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
- Must be able to lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs.
- Comfort level with stocking merchandise reaching heights 30 ft plus
- Ability to use RF Scanners and operate forklift, order picker, and pallet jacks
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discounts
• Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.