Automotive Technician Service Manager
- Trenton, NJ, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The Technical Service Manager is responsible for conducting vehicle diagnostics and performing services/repairs requiring advanced technician capabilities. This position is a store key holder serving as manager on duty in the absence of the Store Manager and provides oversight and guidance to other technicians performing basic routine vehicle repair and maintenance services. This position is expected to deliver exceptional 5 Star service to our guests, through effective communication of vehicle issues and proposed solutions, as well as consistently meeting guest expectations for time commitments and quality.
• Perform vehicle diagnostics to properly identify required repairs
• Provide direction and oversight to other technicians and assist where needed with services/repairs
• Assist in organizing the store’s workflow to ensure that technician skill levels are utilized efficiently for completing vehicle services/repairs effectively and timely in accordance with Monro standards of operation
• Accurately perform vehicle services and repairs effectively and efficiently in accordance with Monro standards of operation
• Consistently complete Monro’s Courtesy Inspection process, on every guest vehicle, identifying, documenting and communicating additional needed services and repairs; Audit courtesy inspections performed by other Technicians
• Assist in inventory management to include pulling tires and parts, unloading and stocking inventory; utilize company truck to pick up inventory as needed
• Assist with all general store duties, ensuring the store is in excellent condition and maintained to Monro standards for cleanliness and consistently in guest ready condition
• Consistently perform service(s) in accordance with Monro’s safety standards including but not limited to Monro’s Wheel Torque, Oil safety and compliance procedures
• Test drive vehicles in accordance with Monro’s Road Test policy, including consistently utilizing our dedicated test drive routes, while maintaining all local traffic and safety laws
• Schedule guest appointments for the most effective optimization of technician abilities in the efficient and timely completion of vehicle services/repairs
• Help achieve Monro’s sales goals by properly informing and recommending tire and service products and sales promotions
• Attend to all guest needs in areas of sales, service, complaints and adjustments
• Build guest relationships to maximize customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention
• Assist technicians in conveying repair and service needs to guests
• Ensure the store is in excellent condition and maintained to Monro standards for cleanliness and consistently in guest ready condition
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, OSHA standards all safety and environmental codes and industry regulations including consistent use of always required personal protective devices including but not limited to approved Safety Glasses
• Maintain technical knowledge and capabilities to ensure proficiency through the timely completion of all required Monro University training courses and modules
• Operate, utilize and maintain all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with Monro and equipment manufacturer guidelines including but not limited to lifts, welders, brake lathes, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Technical Service Manager is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Store Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three years diagnostic vehicle repair experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. ASE Certification and State Inspection License (where applicable) preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Capable of performing basic automotive maintenance, repair and tire services.
• Ability to identify problems by collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Ability to effectively mentor, coach and develop teammates in area of expertise
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in an automotive shop environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Required to own a basic set of tools or participate in tool purchase program
Ability to work flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Must be able to see, hear lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.