Automotive Service Manager
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
As a Monro Automotive Service Manager, you will lead all aspects of everyday shop operations, including the efficient, productive and safe operation of our service bays. The Automotive Service Manager position is a great way to start your career at Monro. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive Management training program covering all aspects of your new role, while preparing you for the next. As an automotive Manager for Monro, you will be an essential team member building lasting relationships with our Guests. More importantly though, you will be part of a team, working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your professional skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.
Pay is based on experience: Average pay range is $30 - $52k per year and incentives
• Collaborate with Store Manager on strategies to make the shop successful and assume all responsibilities in their absence
• Train, Coach and assistance the Automotive Technicians and Lube and Tire Technicians in the diagnosis, service and repair of vehicles
• Ensures expense control through management of payroll dollars and other controllable expenses
• Assist with scheduling employees and assigning work to Automotive Lube and Tire Technicians
• Assists in decisions of hiring, training, coaching, disciplining and terminating employees
• Opens and closes the location and responds to alarms when necessary
• High school or GED equivalent.
• 4+ years of automotive experience and automotive technical school certificate/degree/ASE Certifications
• Sales experience in Automotive Complete Auto Care, Tire Sales and Service experience
• Valid Driver License
• Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
• Excellent communication skills and basic algebra to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and percentages.
• Guest and team focused mindset
• Automotive State Inspector License
• ASE Automotive Certifications
• Proven Automotive Complete Auto Care, Tire Sales and Service experience
• Leadership experience
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Career Development
• Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Service Managers receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.