- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The District Manager is responsible for the successful operations of 9-16 store locations. Responsibilities include the planning, hiring, training, counseling, developing store managers to attain financial goals, to maintain company standards and to develop an environment which is conducive to accomplishing corporate and human resource goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures assigned locations (district) is effectively staffed at by managing the hiring, training, and development of all store management and minimizing turnover.
- Trains, develops and leads store managers and manager trainees on store operations and guest service techniques.
- Trains and provides guidance to managers on how to maximize sales potential by implementing sales plans, having thorough knowledge of services and products, and monitoring sales trends for the purpose of determining high impact sales opportunities throughout the market.
- Monitor budgets to include annual and capital expenses.
- Controls budgets to maximize profit potential of market. Develops plans to address shortcomings.
- Holds managers accountable and develops and tracks methods to improve areas below performance standards within the market.
- Assures market paperwork/processing/reporting, company policies, regulations, and standards are met throughout market.
- Trains, monitors and ensures company safety and security standards are enforced to provide a work-safe environment.
- Communications effectively and professionally with Corporate Office employees to include executive management, purchasing, Human Resources, accounting, and other departments as required.
- Maintains knowledge of market competitors, automotive industry and new developments.
- Manages market inventory within company established standards and policies.
- Manages a market team environment that is free of harassment and insures EEO standards are adhered to.
- Assumes additional responsibilities related to market as requested by Zone Manager.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 or more years of experience in managing five or more employees. Multi-location management preferred.
- Prior management in a tire or automotive related business preferred.
- Proven experience in the interviewing, hiring, training, counseling and termination of employees.
- Previous experience with performance reviews, discipline, investigations and holding employees accountable for results.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible hours/days including evenings and weekends. Additional time may be required depending on business needs.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate business and financial documents regularly.
- Ability to interrupt and calculate figures such as financial reports, discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to communication and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s Manager at any time based upon Company need.
Monro Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.