Automotive Assistant Store Manager
- Alpharetta, GA, USA
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting in managing the operations of an automotive retail service and repair store to meet or exceed service standards and to achieve Monro’s performance and profitability goals. This position is expected to ensure that all teammates deliver exceptional 5 Star service to our guests, through effective communication of vehicle issues and proposed solutions, as well as consistently meeting guest expectations for time commitments and quality. The Assistant Store Manager is a key holder for the store and serves as the manager on duty in the absence of the Store Manager, or when demand requires it.
• Schedule guest appointments for the most effective optimization of technician abilities in the efficient and timely completion of vehicle services/repairs
• Help achieve Monro’s sales goals by properly informing and recommending tire and service products and sales promotions
• Attend to all guest needs in areas of sales, service, complaints and adjustments
• Build guest relationships to maximize customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention
• Assist technicians in conveying repair and service needs to guests
• Ensure the store is in excellent condition and maintained to Monro standards for cleanliness and consistently in guest ready condition
• Assist with inventory management to include the oversight of pulling of tires and parts, unloading and stocking inventory
• Perform Store Manager functions as business needs dictate
• Perform other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor.
The Assistant Store Manager is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Store Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years retail experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. ASE certification and State Inspection License (where applicable) preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Capable of performing basic automotive maintenance, repair and tire services
• Ability to identify problems by collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong sales orientation and customer focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to change focus quickly to meet business needs
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in an automotive shop environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Ability to work flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Must be able to see, hear, speak, lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.