Monro - Automotive Assistant Store Manager
- Canandaigua, NY 14424, USA
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,150 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the operation of the assigned location including planning, leading and advising technicians to meet or exceed service standards, attain financial goals and develop an environment that accomplishes Company and brand goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Store Manager to effectively run the operations of the store.
- Assist Manager with interviewing, hiring, scheduling, supervising and training employees.
- Works closely with technicians to establish and maintain productive sales environment.
- Trains and develops store personnel in all store operations and customer service.
- Assists mechanics with securing customer jobs and promoting customer relations.
- Attends meetings and clinics to maintain current knowledge of tools, parts, and repairs
- Performs duties of technician when not assisting manager in running the store.
- Maintains knowledge the automotive industry and new developments.
- Assists with vehicle repair when necessary.
- Effectively address and resolve guest issues.
- Supervise and verify the unloading of trucks and deliveries.
- Assist in completing time cards.
- Assigns work to technicians, to optimize shop effectiveness.
- Holds employees accountable for results and addresses employee performance issues as they arise.
- Participates and makes recommendations to Manager for employee development, counseling and terminations.
- Trains and reviews PMA’s with technicians to verify recommended work is accurate and to Company standards.
- Ensure shop safety and appearance standards are maintained.
Report problems with equipment or any unsafe conditions to the Store Manager
- 18 years of age and either a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 or more years of experience with tires or automotive experience.
- Prior supervisory experience of one or more employees preferred.
- Previous service and selling experience a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible hours/days including evenings and weekends. Additional time may be required depending on business needs.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate safety, diagnostic, policy, financial and routine reports effectively.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to communication and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer