Monro - Automotive Store Manager
- Newark, NY 14513, USA
Monro Inc. is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair services industry. We are the country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services under eight leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
The Store Manager is responsible for the entire operation of the assigned location including the planning, leading and advising of all store teammates to attain the store’s financial goals, to maintain company standards and to develop an environment which is conducive to accomplishing corporate goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the store is effectively staffed at all times by managing the recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, discipline and development of all store teammates and minimizing turnover.
- Trains and develops manager trainees, assistant managers, and technicians in all store operations and guest customer service.
- Ensures that all store teammates, manager trainees, assistant managers, and technicians comply with Company policies including but not limited to equal employment opportunity and harassment. [see 2.01 and 2.03 in the Teammate Handbook]
- Ensures that all store teammates accurately complete Company required paperwork including but not limited to time cards and other payroll documents.
- Opens and closes the location and responds to alarms when necessary.
- Prepares the location’s bank deposit and deposits the money daily.
- Assures quality guest customer service is provided and quickly addresses issues that arise.
- Maximizes sales potential by assisting in the development and implementation of sales plans, having thorough knowledge of services and products, and monitoring sales trends for the purpose of determining high impact sales opportunities.
- Maximizes profit potential of individual’s location.
- Maintains inventory control.
- Uses discretion in giving customer discounts.
- Ensures expense control through effective management of payroll dollars, telephone usage, store maintenance and repairs, supplies, utilities and other controllable expenses.
- Ensures the accuracy of all bookkeeping functions involved with store management.
- Ensures housekeeping standards, recovery standards, safety standards and building maintenance standards are met.
- Maintains knowledge of automotive industry and new developments.
- Supervises vehicle repair and assists with vehicle repair when necessary.
- Assumes additional responsibilities related to store management as requested by District Manager.
- 18 years of age and either a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 or more years of experience in managing five or more teammates. Multi-location management preferred.
- Prior management in a tire or automotive related business preferred. This experience should include
- Interviewing, hiring, training, counseling and termination of teammates;
- Performance reviews, discipline, investigations and holding teammates accountable for results.
- Experience addressing and resolving customer issues.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Inspection license and ASE certification(s) a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours/days including evenings and weekends. Additional time may be required depending on business needs.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate business and financial documents regularly.
- Ability to interpret and calculate figures such as financial reports, discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to communication and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to analyze detailed data and information from written reports and draw meaningful conclusions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer