- Rochester, NY, USA
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1200 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 29 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services.
The Merchandise Administrator will effectively supplement all Purchasing initiatives with a positive, progressive attitude. The position will have a strong focus on process improvement based on the ability to extrapolate trends from data. In this role, they will be expected to develop in-depth knowledge of all purchasing functions, by working closely with Product Managers.
· Create daily, weekly, and monthly reports for distribution.
· Oversee invoice process and maintain database to ensure on-time & accurate invoices are provided for payment.
· Update costs as provided by Purchasing Team
· Execution of product returns, pricing changes, stock level adjustments, product forecasting within system (JDA/Legacy)
· Creation of ad-hoc reporting as requested by Purchasing Team
· Update store and vendor information in company database.
· Execute monthly parts forecasting processes, and prepare reporting outlining results.
Support of Purchasing Team:
· Track sales trends and identify improvement opportunities to be related to Buyers.
· Assist with projects and creation of reports related to purchasing and product movement
· Analyze and design reporting through use of internal and external data sources.
· Track out-purchases by stores, and provide insights and recommendations for future strategies of improvement.
Perform any additional functions that may arise to meet the department’s goals and objectives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college and two years of related experience required
- Successful candidate must possess excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Automotive industry experience is beneficial
- Ability to create precise data reports that will be used by upper management
- Experience with AS400 functions d a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer