Retail Assistant Store Manager - Claremont/Newport!
- Claremont, NH, USA
Tire Warehouse’s over 75 locations offer a unique purchasing experience that has helped make us New England’s number one independent tire dealer. Tire Warehouse’s pioneering approach to tire sales and service has enabled us to grow from a handful of stores in the early 1970s to become an integral part of the country’s largest company-owned and operated automotive service chain, and the fourth largest independent tire dealer nationally.
Able to perform all functions & duties of a Tire Warehouse service center. This position reports to the store manager, and will assist the store manager when needed. Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Complete all phases of tire servicing per technician training guide and hands on training
- Assist with warehousing requirements
- Assist in loading and unloading of tire deliveries
- Must wear company uniform
- Willing to learn and perform vehicle wheel alignments
Sales: (retail,wholesale, fleet, government, national account and group memberships)
- Stay abreast of company goals at all times through constant communication with store manager
- Master of functionality of point of sales system (VAST)
- Assist in reaching set company sales, gross profit and payroll goals
- Review weekly and monthly reports with store manager to stay abreast of company goals
Customer Service (Internal/External):
- Demonstrate confidence and professional demeanor in all situations (with customer and employees)
- While participating in customer service functions, must portray a neat professional image
- Deal effectively and efficiently with customer relations with positive conflict resolution strategies
Human Resource Based:
- Team Building
- Hiring & Termination consultation with store management
- Assist with the interview process
- Observation and reporting any criminal activity or security concerns that may occur at the store
- Interest in further management training opportunities
Policies & Procedures:
- Assures employee compliance with all company policies & procedure updates (e.g. Employee Handbook etc.)
- Keeps team members up to date with any policy & procedure updates
- Assisting in the on-going training for sales and technical personnel
- Assist with payroll management
- May be asked to assist with performance reviews
- Assure accurate and timely reports are completed for any work related accidents or injuries
- Assist in assuring time cards are reviewed, signed and filed per policy & procedure
- Other duties deemed necessary by store manager
- Assure overall facility maintenance is always up to date for safety and professional appearance
- Assure daily facility maintenance functions are completed
- Report any necessary maintenance issues to the store manager
- Accomplish daily assignment to maintain a clean, safe and attractive appearance of store
- Protect Company Assets
- Assisting in shipping and receiving of anything coming and gong from the store, including daily purchase order updates and special orders/returns
- Assist in assuring First In First Out (FIFO) is on-going and consistent
- Assist in assuring weekly tire counts are completed per policy & procedure
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated math, reading & writing skills
- One year experience in management role (preferred)
- Experience in sales or sales management (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Successfully completed background and Hire Select Test
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Bending, stretching & pulling.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs without difficulty or pain.
- Vision must be sufficient to reconcile sales reports, carry out vehicle pre-inspection (walk around).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in all environmental conditions: Outdoor weather conditions, Heat & cold, Loud Noise
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer