MO State Inspector/ Automotive Technician
- Kirkwood, MO
Since 1981, AutoTire has been the St. Louis area’s source for discount tire sales and dependable automotive service. Our mission is to take care of our customers’ vehicles as if they were our own, providing the convenience, personal attention, and value that you expect from a local automotive shop. AutoTire guarantees the lowest total price on tire purchases, and our leadership in the field of automotive service is the result of 30 years of innovation and hard work. Joining the nation’s largest independently-owned and operated automotive service company in 2009, we now serve 4 million cars annually at over 1000 locations and are the nation’s fourth largest independent tire dealer.
Automotive technicians, are you tired of that dead end job and want a career with our winning team that provides unlimited opportunities and earning potential! Every technician as to do their part in order for our team to win. Here is what it takes to be a member.
- A Positive Attitude
- High energy
- Comfortable wearing a smile
- Like working directly with customers “the boss"
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Goal oriented
- Be the best at what you do
- And most importantly have FUN!
If this is you, we have immediate openings at multiple locations. We offer competitive pay with a performance based on Flat Rate pay plan. These are the services we provide:
- Engine Diagnostics
- A/C system services
- Fluid changes
- Scheduled maintenance
- Maintenance inspections
- Brake services
- Steering and suspension services
- Battery or electrical services
- Shock and strut replacement
- Exhaust system and muffler services
- Oil Changes
- And more!
AutoTire is the nation’s leading company-owned automotive service chain, and we are looking for experienced automotive service technicians, state inspectors, and general service technicians to work in our state-of-the-art service centers. We offer all the major benefits.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with vehicle repairs
- Able to explain repairs to customers in a friendly, understandable manner
- Experience using store equipment such as lifts, welders, scanners and brake lathes correctly
- Lifting ability up to 50 pounds
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have high school diploma/GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- State Inspection/Emissions license is a MUST
- Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customers' problems and provide accurate repair recommendations
- Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and for our record
- Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
- Inspect vehicles according to the state's requirements for emissions and safety
- Conduct necessary repairs and take vehicles for test drives to verify soundness
- Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations and headlight/taillight installations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer