Automotive Service Writer/ Technician
- Hilliard, OH
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1000 company-owned locations operating as Monro Muffler/Brake stores, Mr. Tire® Auto Service Centers, The Tire Choice, Ken Towery’s Tire and Autocare, TreadQuarters® Discount Tire stores, Autotire Car Care Centers and Tire Warehouse. We service over three million cars each year in the US in 25 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
For over 58 years, it has been our mission at Monro Muffler Brake to provide our customers with superior maintenance and repair services, quality replacement parts, and name brand tires, all at affordable prices. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit everyday to putting the customer first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time. When you join our team, you become an important part of one of the fastest-growing, most profitable companies in the industry with more than 1,000 stores in 25 states. Our continued growth creates promotional opportunities for top performers at all levels of the company.
Ready to make the change from twisting wrenches to a real career in management? Can you sell services and provide excellent customer service? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy?
We have an immediate opening for a Service Writer with experienced in closing automotive service sales and services! We are looking for someone who can provide excellent customer service, close the sales, and is not afraid to get his hands dirty when necessary. This position will require about 60% of the time in a sales/management role, and 40% of the time doing light duty mechanic work.
If this is you - let's talk!
- Assist manager in the daily operations of the store, including profit and loss, and leading, training and motivating service team.
- Run store effectively when manager is not present.
- Assist in making schedules for employees.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work
- Service customers, both in selling and with resolving problems.
- Oversee the unloading of trucks and be responsible for verifying the delivery.
- Assist in completing time cards.
- Distribute work to technicians in a fair manner. Make sure that the shop is being run efficiently.
- Share in the responsibility for the success of the store. Accountable for store results on the manager’s days off.
- Assist with sales training.
- Interview and assist in hiring Automotive Technicians and General Service Technicians.
- Assist in decisions regarding employees.
- Review P.M.A.’s with technicians to verify that the recommended work is accurate.
- Consistently provide superior customer service
- Ensuring all work is performed in a timely and safe manner
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ yrs sales management experience preferably in automotive service
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with vehicle repairs
- ASE certifications desired
- Able to explain and sell products and needed repairs to customers in a friendly, understandable manner
- Strong customer service orientation and a high level of professional integrity
- Lifting ability up to 50 pounds
- Flexible schedule to cover store hours, including Saturdays & Sundays
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong work ethic
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer