McGee - Tire Manufacturing Retread Tech
- Lakeland, FL
McGee Auto Service and Tires has grown from our humble beginnings selling new and retread tires, to providing a full spectrum of auto repairs. But auto repair and tire service are not the only things that set McGee Auto Service and Tire apart from our competitors. If you were to ask any our customers why they continue to visit us, they will tell you it is because of the honest auto repair and tire services and outstanding customer service they receive every time they visit one of our Florida stores.
All of the members of our McGee Auto Service and Tires team take pride in our company and our ability to get auto repair work done right and to our customers' satisfaction. Our customers know that their cars are in the capable hands of highly trained repair technicians. McGee Auto Service and Tires technicians work hard to provide the best diagnosis, recommendation and repairs on every vehicle that we service.
The philosophy of great customer service at McGee Auto Service and Tires keeps our customers happy and coming back to us time after time for their auto repair and tire service.
- Inspects tires to be retreaded or repaired to determine condition, repairs needed, etc.
- Operates a buffing machine to remove treads from tires to be retreaded, following specifications for depth and width of removal.
- Measures diameter and cross section to determine correct tread width.
- Applies rubber cement to tire casing and hangs up to dry.
- Selects proper size tread rubber and applies it to the tire.
- Places proper curing tube in tire and inserts proper rim for curing.
- Places tire in chamber and programs correct curing temperature according to specification.
- Sets timer for curing time according to chart, and makes record of each tire, showing size and curing time.
- Removes finished retread from curing chamber. Also removes rim and curing bag from finished retread.
- Inspects tires to determine defects in curing, i.e. soft cures, ply separation, repairs missed, etc.
- Checks finished tire with work order for proper identification and completion of work required.
- Trims and paints finished retread.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Inspects tires to determine type of repair required, indicates repairs to be made and marks, "repair only".
- Skives out and buffs injury inside and out for proper size repair.
- Applies proper cement to inside injury and builds up repair using correct size repair patch.
- Covers outside injury with layer of cushion gum and fills with tread gum.
- Places in proper mold for curing specified time according to curing chart, after dusting inside with soapstone and inserting curing bag.
- Removes from mold, removes bag, inspects for defects, improper cure, etc., and places with finished tires.
- Makes final inspection of repair, cuts tread design with re-grooving iron, paints tire, tags, and places with finished stock
- Inspects repairs and lubricates equipment, following manufacturers' instructions to maintain in good operating condition.
- Maintains standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of plant. Sweeps floors and walls as necessary.
- Receives, unloads and stores tires/retreads in designated places, including tread rubber, repair material, curing bags, etc.
- Follows safety and fire prevention instructions.
- Stage tires for next day's delivery
- Ability to lift an object up to 100 pounds.
- The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support.
- Full time position with expected minimum five-day work week, which may include weekends, scheduled by manager.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer