Automotive Service Manager
- Columbia, SC
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1000 company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 25 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
For over 58 years, it has been our mission at TreadQuarters to provide our customers with superior maintenance and repair services, quality replacement parts, and name brand tires, all at affordable prices. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit everyday to putting the customer first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time. When you join our team, you become an important part of one of the fastest-growing, most profitable companies in the industry. Our continued growth creates promotional opportunities for top performers at all levels of the company.
We have an immediate career opportunity for a results-oriented, self-starter to help drive the success of one of our high-tech automotive service centers. The ideal candidate will have previous automotive and/or tire service, sales/customer service and management experience. This position offers a highly competitive base salary plus incentives, one of the industry’s top benefits packages, and tremendous opportunity for advancement. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401k with matching, paid vacation, disability, stock purchase plan, ASE certifications reimbursement, parts and service discounts for employees and relatives, direct deposit, and more.
So if you’re tired of that dead end job and want a career with unlimited opportunities and earnings potential, contact us today!
In the service manager role, you would be responsible for assisting the store manager in the operation of the assigned location including the planning, leading and advising of all store employees to attain the store’s financial goals, to maintain company standards and to develop an environment which is conducive to accomplishing corporate goals. Duties include:
- Assist manager in the daily operations of the store
- Run store in the manager’s absence
- Assist in making schedules for employees
- Customer interaction, both in selling and customer service
- Oversee the unloading of trucks and be responsible for verifying the delivery
- Assist in completing time cards
- Distribute work to technicians in a fair manner to ensure the shop is running efficiently
- Share in the responsibility for the store’s success. Accountable for store results in the manager’s absence
- Assist with training sales personnel
- Interview and assist in hiring and termination of auto technicians and general service technicians
- Review P.M.A.’s with technicians to verify that the recommended work is accurate
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ yrs sales/service management experience preferably in automotive service
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with vehicle repairs
- ASE certifications desired
- Able to explain and sell products and needed repairs to customers in a friendly, understandable manner
- Strong customer service orientation and a high level of professional integrity
- Lifting ability up to 50 pounds
- Flexible schedule to cover store hours, including Saturdays & Sundays
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Strong work ethic
- Background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer