Tire Warehouse - Retail Store Manager
- Belfast, ME
Tire Warehouse’s over 55 locations offer a unique purchasing experience that has helped make us New England’s number one independent tire dealer. Tire Warehouse’s pioneering approach to tire sales and service has enabled us to grow from a handful of stores in the early 1970s to become an integral part of the country’s largest company-owned and operated automotive service chain, and the fourth largest independent tire dealer nationally.
To manage and supervise all day to day operations to assure maximum efficiency of the store. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Sales (retail, wholesale, fleet, government, national account and group memberships)
- Stay abreast of company goals
- Master of functionality of point of sales systems (VAST)
- Achieve set company sales, gross profit and payroll goals
- Review weekly and monthly reports
Human Resources Based
- Team building
- Hiring & Termination
- Initiate and complete the interview process
Policies & Procedures
- Assure employee compliance with all company policies & procedures (e.g. Employee Handbook etc.)
- Keep team members up to date with any policy & procedure updates
- Ensure on-going training for sales and technical personnel
- Payroll management
- Performance reviews
- Assure accurate and timely reports are completed for any work related accidents or injuries
- Assure time cards are reviewed, signed and filed per policy & procedure
Customer Service (Internal & External)
- Demonstrate confidence and professional demeanor in all situations (with customers and employees).
- Deal effectively and efficiently with customer relations with positive conflict resolution strategies.
- Assure overall facility maintenance is always up to date for safety and a professional appearance.
- Assure daily facility maintenance functions are completed
- Protect Company Assets
- Oversee shipping and receiving of anything coming and going from the store, including daily purchase order updates and special orders/returns
- Assure First in First out (FIFO) is on-going and consistent
- Assure weekly tire counts are completed per policy & procedure
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated math, reading & writing skills
- One year experience in management role (preferred)
- Experience in sales or sales management (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Successfully completed background and Hire Select Test
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Bending, stretching & pulling.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs without difficulty or pain.
- Vision must be sufficient to reconcile sales reports, carry out vehicle pre-inspection (walk around).
- Must be physically able to work a 6-5-6 schedule.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in all environmental conditions:
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Heat & cold
- Loud Noise
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer