Automotive Assistant Manager
- Wexford, PA
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1000 company-owned locations operating as Monro Muffler/Brake stores, Mr. Tire® Auto Service Centers, The Tire Choice, Ken Towery’s Tire and Autocare, TreadQuarters® Discount Tire stores, Autotire Car Care Centers and Tire Warehouse. We service over three million cars each year in the US in 25 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to our investors.
For over 58 years, it has been our mission at Mr. Tire / Monro Muffler Brake to provide our customers with superior maintenance and repair services, quality replacement parts, and name brand tires, all at affordable prices. We are country’s top company-owned automotive repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people who commit everyday to putting the customer first--selling them only what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is done right the first time, every time. When you join our team, you become an important part of one of the fastest-growing, most profitable companies in the industry with more than 1,000 stores in 25 states. Our continued growth creates promotional opportunities for top performers at all levels of the company.
We have an immediate career opportunity for a results-oriented, self-starter to assist in driving the success of one of our high-tech automotive service centers. The ideal candidate will have previous automotive and/or tire service, sales and management experience. This position offers a highly competitive base salary plus incentives, one of the industry’s top benefits packages, and tremendous opportunity for advancement. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401k with matching, paid vacation, disability, stock purchase plan, ASE certifications reimbursement, parts and service discounts for employees and relatives, direct deposit, and more. So if you’re tired of that dead end job and want a career with unlimited opportunities and earnings potential, contact us today!
• Assist manager in the daily operations of the store, including profit and loss,
and leading, training and motivating service team.
• Run store effectively when manager is not present.
• Assist in making schedules for employees.
• Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work
• Service customers, both in selling and with resolving problems.
• Oversee the unloading of trucks and be responsible for verifying the delivery.
• Assist in completing time cards.
• Distribute work to technicians in a fair manner. Make sure that the shop is being run efficiently.
• Share in the responsibility for the success of the store. Accountable for store results on the manager’s days off.
• Assist with sales training.
• Interview and assist in hiring Automotive Technicians and General Service Technicians.
• Assist in decisions regarding employees.
• Review P.M.A.’s with technicians to verify that the recommended work is accurate.
• Consistently provide superior customer service
• Ensuring all work is performed in a timely and safe manner
* Able to explain and sell products and repairs to customers in a friendly, understandable manner
* Experience using store equipment such as lifts, welders, scanners and brake lathes correctly
* Lifting ability up to 50 pounds
* Flexible schedule to cover store hours, including Saturdays & Sunday’s
* Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
* Prior management experience is a plus but we will train the right candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.