Direct Sales Consultant
- Bedford Rd, Petersfield GU32, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Direct Sales
- Function: Sales and Customer Retention
We’re experts in providing vehicle finance for customers who struggle to get approval from mainstream banks and lenders. Our focus on being a responsible lender has supported our growth and we are now one of the UK’s largest lenders of specialist car, van, and motorbike finance.
We are part of PFG, a leading specialist bank for the millions of people in the UK who are not well served by mainstream lenders. Our purpose is to help put people on a path to a better everyday life with our clear and responsible approach to lending; an approach built on over 141 years of experience.
PFG is a unified group made up of three brands: Vanquis (cards and loans), Moneybarn (vehicle finance) and Sunflower (loans). While they all offer different products and services, they each share the common purpose and customer-centric values at the heart of our group. We understand our customers are real people with varied life experiences, so everything we do from our products to our customer experience is designed with this in mind.
What's the opportunity?
We are currently recruiting for a Direct Sales Consultant to join our busy and fast-paced Direct Sales Team.
You will play a key role with managing the relationships with our customers who have applied for vehicle finance via our Moneybarn website or direct sales line from the outset and throughout. Being one of our Direct Sales Consultants, you will also process online applications via our website as well discussing applications from inbound calls, ensuring that we are always providing a good customer experience right from the offset.
Our Direct Sales Team work a variety of shifts between the hours of 9am-7pm Monday to Thursday, 9am-6pm Friday and 1 in 4 Saturday’s.
You will work ‘hybrid’ between your home and regular visits to our Petersfield office. Our modern, colourful office is situated right next to the A3 with free on-site parking and a short 5–10-minute walk from the train station and local town centre.
Key responsibilities of a Direct Sales Consultant:
- Outbound calls to predominantly ‘warm leads’ speaking to potential new or existing customers contributing to our continuous customer growth
- Answer sales inbound calls from customers and dealers to discuss specific applications
- Be open and honest with our customers to ensure we communicate expectations and timescales efficiently
- Build new and develop existing relationships with dealerships/third parties to obtain we have full and correct information to reach successful completion
- Create documents and communication to customers/third parties and acting as a key contact for any queries including invoicing figures
- Complete the deal and inform the customer that the funds have been released
What will it take to be a successful Direct Sales Consultant?
- Sales experience within an office environment either customer/client facing
- Confident to generate ‘warm leads’ as well as ‘cold call’ where required
- Strong stakeholder management with internal and external clients/customers
- Confident and polite communication skills both via telephone and in writing
- Passionate about providing an excellent service to customers within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Previous experience using multiple IT systems i.e., CRM etc.
- Flexible to the ever-changing Sales environments with the ability to react/change quickly where required for both business and customer needs
- Ability to work independently as well as within a wider team
- Strong attention to detail with focus on mathematical skills
We understand that a reliable car, van, or motorbike is more than just a vehicle. We have a passion for getting our customers where they want to be. It’s this approach that has won us multiple awards, which most recently includes, Sub-Prime Lender of the Year’ and ‘Independent Finance Provider of the Year’ at the Motor Finance Europe Awards 2021, ‘Specialist Lender of the Year’ and ‘Vehicle Finance Provider of the Year’ at the National Credit Awards 2021, and the Feefo Platinum Award 2021.
We’re passionate about our colleagues and invest in professional development, offer flexible working, and provide a variety of tools to support wellbeing. Our colleague forums run regularly which allows everyone to have their say in an environment that offers no judgement. We’re also incredibly proud to have won the Company Culture Lotus Award for several years running.
Our Executive Team are constantly improving the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves.
- Competitive salary of £27,000 per annum
- Flexible/hybrid working considered
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Up to 30 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Pension scheme with matched contributions up to 5%
- Colleague Perks at Work discount platform
- Onsite Gym
- Season Ticket Loan
- Opportunity to grow, develop and learn
- 1 paid day to ‘give back’ to local communities or chosen charity
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes
- Award winning culture
We strive to constantly improve the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves. We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we’re here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they’re given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We’ve also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
So why not apply to join Team Moneybarn today?
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use, and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles