Fraud and Trace Team Leader
- Bedford Rd, Petersfield GU32, UK
- Department: Asset Management & Legal Services
- Function: Asset Management & Legal Services
Established in 1992, Moneybarn is the UK’s leading lender of vehicle finance for the non-prime market. As part of the Provident Financial Group we have a firm focus on lending responsibly and providing finance to thousands of people each month to better their lives on the road.
We understand that a reliable car, van or motorbike is more than just a vehicle and we have a passion for getting our customers where they want to be. It’s this approach that has won us multiple awards, which most recently includes, ‘Non-Prime Lender of the Year’ at the Motor Finance Europe Awards 2020, Feefo’s Platinum Trusted Service Award 2020, and ‘Best Brand’ at the Lending Awards 2020.
We’re also incredibly proud to have won the Company Culture Lotus Award for three consecutive years. Our Executive Team are constantly improving the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves. So why not apply to join Team Moneybarn today?
The Fraud and Trace Team Leader is responsible for the operational elements of fraud identification and proactive intervention and prevention. Working closely with the Credit Risk Team and Fraud Analyst and reporting to the Asset Manager, the post holder will be responsible for maintaining an operational response to fraud prevention and detection and will be expected to recommend and/or establish safe practices to the wider business on how to prevent and combat fraud.
This role will also involve a high level of investigative work, in tracing customers and third parties to enable to recovery of outstanding monies and/or vehicles.
Responsibilities Of The Role
- Handle a personal caseload of potential fraud risk referrals to include potential individual frauds, dealership and broker frauds
- Work closely with the Fraud Analyst and Credit Risk Team to develop and roll out strategies to combat and prevent fraud.
- Review all aspects of the Moneybarn journey, to include dealership onboarding, customer journey and post termination processes to identify any potential fraud risks and refer these to management
- Produce reports and advice to the business including recommendations
- Manage referrals to NAVCIS and communicate with the police on any outcomes
- Attend FLA and industry seminars on Fraud
- Take team meetings and compile minutes and actions where necessary
- Provide advice and support to business areas with regard to potential fraud risks
- Assist the Credit Risk team in the annual regulatory financial crime reporting both for the FLA and FCA.
- Taking the lead role in working through a high volume of accounts where the location of the individuals and/or vehicle is presently unknown, with the aim of obtaining as much information about the whereabouts of the individual as possible, using the wide variety of tools made available.
- Ensuring all activity is in accordance with all legislative and regulatory restrictions and evidenced accordingly.
- Responsible for reporting activity to all levels of management throughout the business to not only measure the success of our activities vs targets set – but also to enable adequate provisioning of possible bad debts for review by the finance team on an ad-hoc basis.
- Real time management of department resources to ensure internal compliance and quality KPIs are met
- Coaching, mentoring and development of the Fraud/Trace team.
- Daily maintenance of department work queues and distribution of work across the team, ensuring appropriate prioritization.
- Recruitment & selection of new staff, working closely with the Talent Acquisition team, as directed by the Asset Manager
- Ongoing evaluation of process and procedure, making recommendations for change, that will improve customer outcomes and customer experience.
- Daily team briefings
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
- Working within a regulated environment with the ability to meet and understand compliance requirements.
- Maintaining clear, accurate and auditable records
- Managing and interpreting often conflicting information in order to make accurate assessments.
- Working in a vibrant, fast-paced, target driven environment.
- Meeting deadlines while managing a high and varied workload.
- Identifying opportunities to improve practice across an organization.
- Managing relationships with service users/stakeholders.
- Conducting tracing investigations preferably in a debt recovery environment.
- The confident use of tracing tools including open source (internet) searching.
- Fraud/Financial investigation.
We what we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + increased holiday entitlement subject to long service
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay scheme
Plus, a few more:
- Flexible working considered
- Paid professional courses
- On-site gym with fitness coaching (currently closed)
- Access to the Thrive App
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Program
- Colleague forums
- Perks for Work discount scheme
- National Rail season ticket loan
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES).