- Bedford Rd, Petersfield GU32, UK
- Department: MI
- Function: Finance
Established in 1992, Moneybarn is the UK’s leading lender of vehicle finance for the non-prime market. As part of the Provident Financial Group they have a firm focus on lending responsibly and providing finance to thousands of people each month to better their lives on the road.
They understand that a reliable car, van or motorbike is more than just a vehicle and they have a passion for getting their customers where they want to be. It’s this approach that has won them multiple awards. They were recently awarded ‘Non-Prime Lender of the Year’ at the Motor Finance Europe Awards 2020, Feefo’s Platinum Trusted Service Award 2020 and ‘Best Brand’ at the Lending Awards 2020.
As the MI Developer, you will be working alongside other members of the Financial Planning & Analysis team in support to the Senior Managers of Moneybarn.
As the MI Developer, you will be expected to;
- To support the Head of FP&A this role will be responsible for creating dashboards and scorecards, with analysis and interpretation, tailored to staff, team leader and management audiences to inform their respective daily/weekly/monthly operational decision making within the business.
- To produce daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, performance against targets and KPIs for review by senior management.
- Analyse and improve performance of existing reports.
- Convert legacy reports to new MI solutions using new BI tools
The successful role holder will:
- Be responsible for the build and production of a suite of key intraday, daily, weekly and monthly dashboards, slide decks and reports which will help the operation to achieve business targets as well as support performance management and to deliver it in a timely manner.
- Manage, build and deliver adhoc reporting requests from the business in a timely manner.
- Interpret business requirements and determine optimum MI solutions to meet needs.
- To automate where possible the production of regular reporting.
- Provide a consultative approach to assessing and delivering MI and reporting solutions.
- To ensure systems and record keeping are maintained to enable the production of timely and meaningful management information.
- Contribute to delivering continuous improvement of processes which deliver MI and reporting.
- Work within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and naming conventions.
- Report any inconsistencies within the reporting and production database and analyse the requirements to make changes and instigate.
- Design and develop MI solutions such as reports, data-marts and dashboards to drive KPI analysis
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
- Experience of working in a management information role within an operational environment.
- Excellent organising/planning skills with the ability to coordinate and manage multi-task projects and organise workloads in a structured and logical way, working to tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of SQL, with experience of writing complex queries in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Advanced Excel skills, including creation of macros using VBA.
- Comfortable working with large, complex datasets
- Excellent proven oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, highly numerical and methodical with attention to detail.
- Relevant experience working with MI and designing and producing MI reports.
- Previous exposure to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) would be an advantage.
- Experience of BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau or QlikView.
- Avaya call reporting experience
- Statistical/ Mathematical background..
- Experience working with a consumer credit / lending portfolio or in the non standard market is desirable although not essential.
- Experience of working in financial services sector
- Demonstrated high energy and strong motivation to add value.
- Willingness to work with and assist others in the team on ad-hoc projects and tasks.
- Confident in presentation, discussion and debate.
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday + increased holiday entitlement subject to long service
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES).