Complaints Handler 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Bedford Rd, Petersfield GU32, UK
- Department: Complaints
- Function: Customer Operations
Moneybarn helps thousands of people every month to a better life on the road. We provide vehicle finance to customers across the UK who struggle to get loans from mainstream lenders, but need a quality, reliable vehicle to carry out their day-to-day lives.
Our hard work has seen us win many major industry awards over the years, including Best Company to Work for in Car Finance 2019 and Non-Prime Lender of the Year 2019.
We have an opportunity within our established Complaints Team, as a Complaints Handler, on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract.
As a Complaints Handler you will support the wider Complaints Team and other operational departments to identify and resolve complaints quickly and effectively in line with Financial Conduct Authority regulatory requirements.
Complaint resolution requires input from across the business, so this is a position that requires strong interpersonal and influencing skills. The role will predominantly be phone based but will also require excellent written skills.
In this role you will:
- Identify early resolution complaints and those which can be escalated for quick resolution in line with the company complaints policy
- Manage a case load effectively and pro-actively to ensure that the principle of “Treating Customers Fairly” is always maintained
- Develop reporting procedures and root cause analysis information and provide feedback on existing and emerging trends
- Liaise closely with internal departments and suppliers, brokers, mechanical engineers etc. to obtain information to allow the successful candidate to investigate a complaint thoroughly
- Provide the customer with a comprehensive and clear communication following resolution of the complaint in line with FCA DISP rules on Complaint Handling.
- Ensure that feedback is provided to the appropriate Line Manager regarding the outcome of a complaint
- Ensure that once a complaint is closed, the account is handed back to the relevant department with full details of the resolution offered
- Arrange for, and follow up on, any compensation or other action offered to a customer
- Use the online credit reference agency websites to view, and if necessary, update customer files
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to prioritise workload dependent on legislative or regulatory deadlines
- Ability to present cases to management
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong customer service and telephone skills
- Must demonstrate high levels of customer empathy and practical problem solving as well as a “common sense” approach.
- An understanding of the legislation that governs the business and being able to see how that impacts on the business
- Demonstrable experience of Complaints RCA & Resolution
- Excellent letter writing skills
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday + increased holiday entitlement subject to long service
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES).