Credit Risk Analyst, Collections
- Bedford Rd, Petersfield GU32, UK
- Department: Credit Risk
- Function: Credit Risk
Moneybarn helps thousands of people every month to a better life on the road. We provide vehicle finance to customers across the UK who struggle to get loans from mainstream lenders, but need a quality, reliable vehicle to carry out their day-to-day lives.
Our hard work has seen us win many major industry awards over the years, including Best Company to Work for in Car Finance 2019 and Non-Prime Lender of the Year 2019.
We have an opportunity for a Credit Risk Analyst with experience in Collections strategies, to join our growing Credit Risk team.
You will play a leading role in developing, monitoring and optimising pre and post-termination collections strategies, through analytics and modelling, with the objective of mitigating impairment, improving financial returns and delivering good customer outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Monitor the impact of changes in collections strategies on the quality of customers, customers segments and propensity to repay
- Recommend optimal segmentation across the portfolio/arrears/process stages to provide best utilisation of the available resources to maximise the collections performance
- Work on proposals to Champion/Challenge different collections contact strategies to target the optimal balance between cost and benefit, and internal return on investment.
- Produce effective analysis of key trends in arrears performance, with material variances identified and reported, and escalation to senior management and Credit Committee where appropriate.
- Make recommendations to remediate negative movements in arrears performance, working with Customer Operations team to turn these into actionable strategies
- Produce impact analysis of proposals on operational capacity and business performance across different customer segments and types
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
What we’re looking for:
- Experience within Collections Strategies / Credit Risk
- Exposure to credit bureau data desirable but not essential
- Strong analytical experience with a range of data mining tools and large volumes of data
- Good technical knowledge of SAS/SQL
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to working with and presenting to senior managers
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday + increased holiday entitlement subject to long service
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES).