Credit Risk Analyst, Collections - SAS or SQL
- Bedford Rd, Petersfield GU32, UK
- Department: Credit Risk
- Function: Credit Risk
We now have an opportunity for a Credit Risk Analyst experienced within Collections strategies to join our expanding Credit Risk team based in Petersfield.
You will play a leading role in developing, monitoring and optimising pre- and post-termination collections strategies, through analytics and modelling, with the objective of mitigating impairment, improving financial returns and delivering customer outcomes.
If you have excellent technical knowledge of SAS and or SQL with strong analytical experience using a range of data mining tools, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be expected to do in the role:
- Support the Credit Risk Manager by leverage data and analytics to influence decision making and strategic direction of Moneybarn’s end-to-end collections strategies (pre- and post-termination, including treatments to prepare for debt sale).
- Design, develop and monitor the effectiveness of collections strategies and treatments
- Work with business colleagues to gain support for recommendations using accurate insight and analysis
- Ensure delivery of all new initiatives into an operational environment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Optimise customer contact rates and outcomes through effective risk segmentation and dialler prioritisation.
- Produce effective analysis of key trends in arrears and default performance, with material variances identified and reported, and escalation to senior management and Credit Committee where appropriate.
- Adhere to the FCA Guidelines
- Experience within Collections Strategies / Credit Risk
- Strong analytical experience with a range of data mining tools and large volumes of data
- Excellent technical knowledge of SAS and/or SQL
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong customer understanding and empathy
- Proven ability to influence decision making through analysis and insight
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to working with and presenting to senior managers
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Legal and regulatory understanding of collections within consumer finance industry
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday + increased holiday entitlement subject to long service
- Enhanced maternity pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES).