Loss Prevention Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
Loss Prevention manager responsible for identifying and investigating loss incidents and trends, and facilitating corrective measures. The focus of Loss Prevention Managers includes cash handling theft, inventory control, facilities and equipment damage, security access violations, fraud, and a variety of audits of employee activities.
- Identify loss trends and taking appropriate action to counter loss causes
- Assists field operations management in identifying internal theft/fraud and delivering accurate detailed reports to be used in decision making
- Maintains an open line-of-communication with field operations manager(s)
- Maintains focus on sources of loss, including but not limited to; unresolved cash loss, Money Order variance, Western Union variance, MasterCard variance, in-store product discrepancies (inventory counts)
- As needed, coordinates with corporate entities in the resolution of loss prevention casework, including general counsel, finance/accounting department, human resources, and information technology
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 to 5 years related experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Basic Accounting – Understands debit, credit and balancing entries. Understands and can gather information from financial reports
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability – Is able to accept and initiate change.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views;
- Organizational Support – Remains current on policies and procedures and follows them;
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions;
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines;
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
- Personal Integrity – Sets the example for others to follow. Must be beyond reproach.
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO / Registered Pension Plan / Tuition Reimbursement
We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success. If we sound like a fit and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that encourages employee growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career.