- 74 East Swedesford Rd, Malvern, PA
Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
What do you do?
The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for providing legal advice and support in a variety of substantive legal areas. In addition, this role will operationalize and manage these areas.
What do we need?
- You to have an amazing personality and communication style.
- That you are super-organized and are a problem solver.
- That you take pride in everything that you do, and it shows.
- And most importantly that you have unquestionable integrity.
Why work for us?
- We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success.
If we sound like a fit, and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that fosters employee growth, apply today!
- Corporate Governance – manages corporate governance documentation as needed, and supervises corporate paralegal on drafting board and shareholder resolutions, powers of attorney, and other corporate secretarial matters as required in light of company initiatives.
- Corporate Finance – supports Legal and Finance departments in reviewing financing documents including Indenture, ABL, Securitization facilities and debt sales.
- Real Estate – oversee the area with the primary support of paralegal, whose is responsible for managing large store lease portfolio.
- Vendor and Contract Reviews – reviews contracts, real estate leases, and service agreements and provides legal advice to business as needed.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – supports Legal Department and business leaders in due diligence, acquisition, financing and transaction document drafting and negotiation, and post-closing integration.
- Employment Law - Provide guidance and consulting to internal Human Resources team on a variety of labor and employment law matters.
- Leadership - lead team of paralegals who are responsible for licensing, real-estate and first line litigation matters.
- Other assignments – as required or assigned by line manager or General Counsel.
- JD from an accredited law school and admission in good standing in at least one US state bar
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience as an attorney (combination of law firm and in-house experience in a corporate legal department preferred)
- Must be extremely organized, able to self-start, give balanced, practical legal advice, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities, stakeholders and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must exhibit excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, providing practical solutions that meet both business and legal needs
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available after 30 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO/ 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site wellness center
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.