Senior Azure Data Architect
- 74 East Swedesford Rd, Malvern, PA
Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
What do you do?
Seeking a Data Architect with experience using Big data tools and technologies to facilitate a data lake environment in the Azure Cloud. Candidate will act as subject matter expert for Azure data services, architecture and design. Individual should have a clear passion for data base technologies.
What do we need?
- You to have an amazing personality and communication style.
- That you are super-organized and are a problem solver.
- That you take pride in everything that you do, and it shows.
- And most importantly that you have unquestionable integrity.
Why work for us?
- We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success.
If we sound like a fit, and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that fosters employee growth, apply today!
- Facilitate data lake development, design and architecture in the cloud
- Designing and building technical solutions focused on Cloud-based Big Data ecosystems such as Databricks, HDI, Pig, Kafka, Hive, Spark, ADF, python, scala .etc.
- Developing spark job, management, tuning and administration.
- End-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines
- Lead day to day operation activities related to Azure data services.
- Lead data engineering effort in the cloud
- Work with Data Scientist in evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create platforms
- Design SQL Server data model with required indexes to meet performance expectations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose performance problem in SQL Server database, ADF, Spark and other data services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineer or equivalent industry experience and certifications.
- Certification in Cloudera or Hortonworks distribution or AWS/Azure Big data architect certification
- SQL DBA certification is a plus
- Design and architecture experience in Data bricks spark cluster
- knowledge and experience in stream analytics, ML, AI and distributed architecture
- Experience with Azure SQL DB, and SQL DWH, ADF pipeline, Azure storage, Kafka, Caching technologies such as Radis Cache, NoSQL such as COSMOS DB, mongodb
- Practical experience in SQL data administration, Azure SQL DWH (MPP) specially in data modelling, database design, SQL performance tuning and troubleshooting·
- Experience with Kubernetes or container platform for data needs is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent data analysis skills using SQL on Spark SQL, HIVE, ANSI SQL etc.
- Good understanding of R, Python, Jupyter Notebook, RStudio, R Shiny, DataIKU DSS
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available after 30 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO/ 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site wellness center
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.