Senior Application Developer
- 74 East Swedesford Rd, Malvern, PA
Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
What do you do?
Money Mart is seeking an experienced, Senior Application Developer to join our Technology product development team. In this role you will assist in creating scalable and reusable solutions for our online/mobile/in-store channels. You will work directly with our business partners, business analysts and partner IT teams to interpret requirements, design high performing solutions and integration services, and leverage both Agile & Waterfall SDLCs to deliver product solutions and enhancements.
This individual will immediately join ongoing technology projects and as such will need to be able to hit the ground running, providing immediate leadership and guidance to the project team to ensure a clean transition for the program teams.
What do we need?
- You to have an amazing personality and communication style.
- That you are super-organized and are a problem solver.
- That you take pride in everything that you do, and it shows.
- And most importantly that you have unquestionable integrity.
Why work for us?
- We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success.
If we sound like a fit, and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that fosters employee growth, apply today!
- Serve as a technical lead for architecture, design and interface decisions to support enablement of the ecommerce strategy
- Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews
- Balance the need for strategic vision, tactical items of the technical team and overall work balance to ensure success of project and product delivery.
- Collaborate, communicate with different teams, and triage technical issues across teams
- Ability to author comprehensive design and architecture documents with input from other technical resources.
- Collaborate with product and project managers as well as business to define product features, architectural deliverables and project estimates
- Leads and mentors junior team members and effectively delivers projects.
- Provides technical oversight and guidance to outsourced platform and partner IT resources
- Engagement in every stage of the project lifecycle – planning, requirements clarifications, design, develop, test support/bug fix and support the application
- Participate in cross-functional projects that span multiple business units across the enterprise - driving innovation, new product functionality, and overall product maturity.
- Plan, supervise, and participate in technical activities for multiple projects
- Coordinate with other technical managers, leads and architects to identify and monitor cross-site impacts and dependencies.
- Coordinate meetings or initiate working sessions to resolve project issues and roadblocks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience with Microsoft .Net full stack development tools
- 5+ years of building enterprise software, particularly web-based and customer-facing applications
- Understands and experience in implementing solutions on a multi-tier architecture environment
- Experience in building large scale retail B2C web applications
- Experience with Application Architecture Modeling and Design Skills
- Comprehensive SDLC experience including Agile implementation principles and practice
- Experience with Azure cloud development (PaaS) is a plus
- Production environment deployment and maintenance
- Performance tuning and optimization for scalability and high availability
- Good debugging, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Detail and big picture orientation
- Operates independently with minimal guidance by management
- Knowledge of financial services is a plus
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Development tools like Visual Studio 2010 and above, .Net Framework 4.0 and above, C#, TFS and SQL Server
- Proficient in Database design and programming using T-SQL including ORM tools like Entity Framework
- Experience in designing and developing responsive web sites using MVC, HTML5, React.js, Angular.js and Knockout.js
- Deep understanding of SOA and RESTful API design principles.
- Knowledge of web/integration services, including WCF, RESTful, SOAP and WSDL.
- Understanding of automated builds using TFS, DevOps process, CI/CD and Cloud hosting.
- Experience with Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Git is a plus.
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available after 30 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO/ 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site wellness center
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.