Assistant Store Manager
- Kingston, ON, Canada
Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
What do you do?
Responsible for assisting and supporting the Store Manager in overseeing store operations. This includes but is not limited to profit, revenue, recruitment, talent management, coaching, training, & compliance.
- Ensures high Quality Assurance standards (Customer service and Global Audit) and Loss Prevention Standards are maintained and deficiencies are addressed and remedied to ensure client satisfaction and company assets are protected.
- Assists the Store Manager in preparing, submitting and recommending annual operating plans for the Store.
- Reviews monthly/quarterly earnings statements with Store Manager to ensure corrective action (if needed) is taken when operating targets are not being met.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are properly communicated and implemented by all staff within the branch.
- Assists in the District Recruitment Plan to ensure quality candidates are being recruited.
- Helps train, motivate, develop and discipline staff to meet operating objectives, and facilitate future growth.
- Assists Store Manager in the formulation and delivery of Performance Reviews.
- Helps maintain accountable cash controls and ensure that no compromise occurs.
- Works with the Store Manager in the collection/recovery process.
- Supports the Store Manager to maintain a sufficient amount of cash while adhering to store cash limits.
- Ensures that proper accounting/balancing procedures are maintained and all reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures compliance with all government laws and regulations pertaining to the business.
- Assists in the maintenance of company security policies and ensures they are role-played with staff so there is no compromise on this section of our operations.
- Provides a link between Store Manager and Store staff.
- Ensures teller shift duties are completed accurately, professionally and in a timely manner.
- Works with the Store team to maintain branch appearance and cleanliness.
- Helps maintain an organized filing system and ensures that all records and documents are maintained correctly and according to legal requirements.
- Understudy and carry out the functions of the Store Manager in their absence.
- Complete all other tasks as directed by the Store Manager.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years previous management experience, successful completion of the company’s Management Development Course and CSR Coach Workshop
- Ability to read/interpret financial and metric reports
- Basic meeting facilitation and group presentation skills
- Solid interview & development skills with a strong sales and customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to train, motivate and lead
- Organized, flexible, analytical and creative, ability to multitask
We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success. If we sound like a fit and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that encourages employee growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career.
*Notice to Ontario Applicants - National Money Mart is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. If you are selected for an interview please notify National Money Mart if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation National Money Mart will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.